Lasius niger

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
Johnpete

Lasius niger

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Hey guys , where is the best place to look for lasius niger queen? There i live i see lots of ants around my town , if this will help i live in lithuania , thank you for answers :)

AntsDakota

Re: Lasius niger

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Johnpete wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Hey guys , where is the best place to look for lasius niger queen? There i live i see lots of ants around my town , if this will help i live in lithuania , thank you for answers :)
The best place to look for any queen ant, regardless of species and location, is on a flat surface, whether that be on a sidewalk, street, or side of a building. This simply makes them easier to spot. Also, queens usually fly a day or two after a rain storm, so then would be an especially good time to keep an eye out. But I do not think that species is flying at the moment.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25