Formica Rufa Colony Foundation

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

SomeAntKeeper

Formica Rufa Colony Foundation

Sat May 04, 2019 9:22 am

Hey, for all the european ant keepers out there, I was wondering if I can introduce any species of Serviformica worker hosts (f. Fusca, f. Cunicularia, f. Rufibarbis) to my Formica Rufa queen that I caught today? I only have f. Rufibarbis and f. Cunicularia colonies around my house, no f. Fusca, and I only read about Fusca workers being introduced to parisitic formica species. I want to know if any of f. Fusca, f. Rufibarbis or f. Cunicularia are ok, or one species of raptiformica affects a specific type of serviformica

AntsDakota

Re: Formica Rufa Colony Foundation

Sun May 19, 2019 3:09 pm

SomeAntKeeper wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:22 am
Hey, for all the european ant keepers out there, I was wondering if I can introduce any species of Serviformica worker hosts (f. Fusca, f. Cunicularia, f. Rufibarbis) to my Formica Rufa queen that I caught today? I only have f. Rufibarbis and f. Cunicularia colonies around my house, no f. Fusca, and I only read about Fusca workers being introduced to parisitic formica species. I want to know if any of f. Fusca, f. Rufibarbis or f. Cunicularia are ok, or one species of raptiformica affects a specific type of serviformica
You should probably put them both in the fridge while in introduction to avoid hostility.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25