Queen ant getting out into the outworld constantly.

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

JovanChua

Queen ant getting out into the outworld constantly.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:31 am

So my queen camponotus keeps on running out of the nest and into the outworld constantly. I tried to get it back in but it keeps coming back out again. All of it workers can be see urging it back into the nest as you would see many of them surrounding the queen ant and trying to guide her back in. And just a moment ago, a paper fell in allowing the ants access to the outside world and shockingly the queen also escaped leaving the brood behind. I really need some help as I do not think the queen is laying any eggs if she keeps hanging out outside.

Antfan

Re: Queen ant getting out into the outworld constantly.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 pm

If the nest has light shining in to it, then cover it, if not try putting more/water in it depending on the sp. If you have any more troubles feel free to look online for answers as this information I gave may not work, I hope it does though! Maybe also make your outworld very dry.

JoeHostile1

Re: Queen ant getting out into the outworld constantly.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:47 am

She might be hungry or thirsty or she doesn’t like the conditions inside the nest. Is there no brood present? I noticed that with no brood present the workers don’t tend to forage much. I once put food in the outworld of a camponotus species and the queen came out and dragged the fruit flies into the nest while her workers did nothing.

And I also noctied a week or so ago my Myrmica Rubra queen was in the outworld while all the workers were inside the nest. I put sugar water and fruit flies out there for her, but I don’t know if she took anything. But a few hours later she was back in the nest with her workers.
Keeping:
Tetramorium immigrans * Lasius Neoniger * Lasius Claviger * Messor Aciculatus * Myrmica Rubra * Camponotus Novaeboracensis * Camponotus Turkastanus * Pheidole Pallidula

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSfFtn6RegZ3F1NdS1g08NA