New here wanted to share for everyone

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

chrismouth07

New here wanted to share for everyone

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:43 pm

Hey I wanted to share my Camponotus pennsylvanicus I have 3 queens one still has her wings and has done nothing for about a month and the other two have laid about 6 eggs. I build a formicarim and an out world so everything is set and ready to go.i also did an ant journal on Facebook. I will post some pictures so you can see and if anyone would know what I should do with the one queen please share.

AntsRule

Re: New here wanted to share for everyone

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Welcome! She might not be fertile so there is nothing you can do. Just wait and see what happens. :D
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

chrismouth07

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Thanks I posted pictures were you able to see them because I don't see them on here I'm not sure if it's just me.

larynx

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:34 pm

just be patient. i didnt think this girl was fertile at first either>>>Image

also here is a link to help with photos.>>>http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

chrismouth07

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Nice how long did it take because my other two queens laid eggs fast. for some reason it wont let me post my photos but when i figure it out i will show you.

chrismouth07

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:00 pm

I couldn't post the pictures so this is my ant journal https://www.facebook.com/groups/979471218788687/

larynx

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:35 pm

chrismouth07 wrote:Nice how long did it take because my other two queens laid eggs fast. for some reason it wont let me post my photos but when i figure it out i will show you.
ive had them wait 1.5 months before. and i have had it only take a day.
here is a link for posting pics.>>http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

chrismouth07

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:44 am

Thanks for the support hopefully she will. But at the end of July my in laws back yard is full of flying queens I believe that they are pavement ants but not sure when I get some I will post them up. But I can't wait for the ants I have to produce enough so I can put them in their new home. I went all out u found plants that naturally produce the nectar that ants go for and I have setup with half in tubing so it gives them a highway. Then a second area where I will put some honey and other foods that they would like.

chrismouth07

Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:14 am

I checked today and the 9ne queen has around 16 eggs the other queen has 8. I was reading that if a male hatches that means that the eggs are no good I was wondering why and how does that happen?

larynx

Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:38 am

chrismouth07 wrote:I checked today and the 9ne queen has around 16 eggs the other queen has 8. I was reading that if a male hatches that means that the eggs are no good I was wondering why and how does that happen?
this is a rare occurrence. i wouldnt worry about it happening. im not sure why or how, but its rare.
here is how its decided on what is laid though.... the queen makes the decision on what caste will emerge from the egg, by simply giving the egg more nourishment or less. (less =worker, more= alate or mojor....so on). queens can also retain **** for as long as they want for later use. this is how they perpetuate without mating again and again.
reptiles share this same function.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer