Queen ant won't move her eggs

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

MikyPiky

Queen ant won't move her eggs

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:09 pm

I captured a queen Lasius ant a couple months ago, she laid about ten eggs. I've started to see mold growing on the *** SPAM ***, so I decided to be safe and transfer her to a new test tube. I hooked up both the test tubes the new one in the dark and the old in the light. She explored into the new test tube but won't move her eggs. Is there anything I can do to make her move the eggs into the new tube, she picks up the eggs but just moves them farther away. I'm a new ant keeper and don't know what to do. Please help!

AntsDakota

Re: Queen ant won't move her eggs

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:22 pm

MikyPiky wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:09 pm
I captured a queen Lasius ant a couple months ago, she laid about ten eggs. I've started to see mold growing on the *** SPAM ***, so I decided to be safe and transfer her to a new test tube. I hooked up both the test tubes the new one in the dark and the old in the light. She explored into the new test tube but won't move her eggs. Is there anything I can do to make her move the eggs into the new tube, she picks up the eggs but just moves them farther away. I'm a new ant keeper and don't know what to do. Please help!
Be patient. It sometimes takes days or even a week for queens to move.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25