camponotus ligniperda amazing behaviour

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

OwlDaAntLover

camponotus ligniperda amazing behaviour

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:02 am

So, to experiment i put a camponotus ligniperda queen directly in a setup with soil and i knew she was going to burrow in the ground but she created a mini mound with two entrances and lots of tunnels and she doesn't show any sign of stopping, all by herself, no workers. Os this normal? While doing my research on how to care for her i found no such thing, does anyone have insight?

AntsDakota

Re: camponotus ligniperda amazing behaviour

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:20 pm

OwlDaAntLover wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:02 am
So, to experiment i put a camponotus ligniperda queen directly in a setup with soil and i knew she was going to burrow in the ground but she created a mini mound with two entrances and lots of tunnels and she doesn't show any sign of stopping, all by herself, no workers. Os this normal? While doing my research on how to care for her i found no such thing, does anyone have insight?
My Formica queens used to do that all the time. I think it is probably normal, except most people now days prefer to house their queens in a test tube setup.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25