Help!!!

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Snoteroo

Help!!!

Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Im new to ant keeping, and have a queen camponotus penn. Around 12-15 workers, in a test tube set up, attached to ac portal 2.0, with sugar water test tube attached aswell, i noticed color change in the sugar waters cotton so i cleaned it. However i would like to be able to do the same to their current nest, my question is, How do i accomplish this without putting this starter colony through too much stress.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Please and Thank You!!!

AntsDakota

Re: Help!!!

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Snoteroo wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:23 pm
Im new to ant keeping, and have a queen camponotus penn. Around 12-15 workers, in a test tube set up, attached to ac portal 2.0, with sugar water test tube attached aswell, i noticed color change in the sugar waters cotton so i cleaned it. However i would like to be able to do the same to their current nest, my question is, How do i accomplish this without putting this starter colony through too much stress.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Please and Thank You!!!
Move them out of the nest into a test tube temporarily and then move them back in, or just keep them in their new test tube.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25