Need advice for keeping Diacamma Rugosum

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Bartol

Need advice for keeping Diacamma Rugosum

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 am

Hello
In a separate post i explained how this species came to me (its not native to my land) and after a lot of thinking i decided to keep it.
I need help and advice on how to keep this species i found some info online but not the desired ammount so i decided to turn to you guys.
Im interested in their diet a couple of sources said they have a peculiar one. Also the setup should it be natural or could the formicarium and the outworld be separated (would preffer the second one but if not possible the first is also not the issue). Also since they are tropical and i live in Croatia (which is not ) im wondering about hibernation. Also if you have some other tips in general or in detail to give me i would be more than happy to accept

AntsDakota

Re: Need advice for keeping Diacamma Rugosum

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Bartol wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 am
Hello
In a separate post i explained how this species came to me (its not native to my land) and after a lot of thinking i decided to keep it.
I need help and advice on how to keep this species i found some info online but not the desired ammount so i decided to turn to you guys.
Im interested in their diet a couple of sources said they have a peculiar one. Also the setup should it be natural or could the formicarium and the outworld be separated (would preffer the second one but if not possible the first is also not the issue). Also since they are tropical and i live in Croatia (which is not ) im wondering about hibernation. Also if you have some other tips in general or in detail to give me i would be more than happy to accept
Watch the AntsCanada videos on the Black Panthers. He just feeds them cockroaches, superworms, and honey, just like any ant. An odd diet doesn't always mean they won't eat normal foods, it just means they will eat odd foods.......... You can house them in either a natural or artificial formicarium. It doesn't really matter.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25