SOS my colony is dying

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
acuriousnewbie

SOS my colony is dying

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:11 am

my queen and laid a few egg and hatched recently...but now they are dying one by one ? is it because they are hungry or sick ?they are so active running around.the queen (normal) too moved its egg to the tube.Did something attacked them? they look panik. :?: Ant type : lasius niger.pls help me!

NoviceAntKeeper

Re: SOS my colony is dying

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:11 am

Idk do you put them in a air conditioned room? If it’s too cold or you put them in direct sunlight it may kill them. Lasius Niger is, I believe, fully claustral, so you don’t need to feed them. Check the temperature you put them in, if it’s not that, I’m not really sure what it is. Also, do you see them dying or they are just disappearing? If disappearing, it could be the queen eating them due to stress.

acuriousnewbie

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 pm

NoviceAntKeeper wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:11 am
Idk do you put them in a air conditioned room? If it’s too cold or you put them in direct sunlight it may kill them. Lasius Niger is, I believe, fully claustral, so you don’t need to feed them. Check the temperature you put them in, if it’s not that, I’m not really sure what it is. Also, do you see them dying or they are just disappearing? If disappearing, it could be the queen eating them due to stress.
I don't have to feed them? No queen didn't eat them,i saw dead bodies.Temperature : normal ? I put it at store room nobody usually goes there.or is it because i went to see them more frequently and the lights scared them ?they died so suddenly (newborn can't survive too)

acuriousnewbie

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:17 pm

Another question can the queen run out of egg ? My whole colony died with a few eggs left and queen . :cry:

NoviceAntKeeper

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:48 am

The light might be stressing the queen out, making her uncomfortable and unsafe, so she doesn’t lay eggs anymore. I’m not sure why the queen is dying. If she’s claustral, it’s best to just leave her in a dark closet without vibrations and check up on her maybe a month later.

acuriousnewbie

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 am

i'll try putting it at ......uh......maybe not move it .Thats the safest place i can find. theres a lot of tiny ant at my house that might attack them.