QUEEN Ant GOING CRAZY!

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
AntZilla

QUEEN Ant GOING CRAZY!

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:01 am

Hello, I Have gotten my queen ant (Camponotus herculeanus) yesterday and I immediately put her in a new test tube as the one it came with was molding so once all of that was done I was soon to realize she was biting on the cotton as I started to panic she looked so desperate forcing her little head against the cotton
So I thought Maybe she wanted more space so I put her in a combined test tube of two taped together but not taped all the way just enough so she can breath and I realized she is enjoying it so is this method okay to do or will it harm the queen and is it okay to check on her daily?

Nikshyran

Re: QUEEN Ant GOING CRAZY!

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:33 am

My formica fusca ant queen did this too, I think they pull out the cotton to modify their enviroment. She may just be drinking OR she may be moving about her net material.

Regards, Nikshyran :)
Proud owner of two new colonies of [/Formica Fusca x1] and [/Lasius Niger x1] both caught in the UK during August 2019

Kdpfaf

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Mine did this too. And I taped 2 together to transfer and she never budged. Now she is 7 workers and a ton of brood and eggs happier :) she stays in the side with just a dry cotton ball pushed to the back which is perfect because it makes changing her water and feeding that much easier

ArizonanAnts

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Do you have test tube portal? Try that.
Keeper of:

x1 Forelius Pruinosus Queen

Forelia: Founding Stage - 7 Workers

Join The Camponotus Crew: https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15267
Join the Forelius Clan: https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975