Looking for a Queen ants in Florida

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

GardianofAnts

Looking for a Queen ants in Florida

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:21 pm

Hello, I am looking for a carpenter, black or trapjaw queen ant that is available in Florida.
( Near Tampa would be best ) Preferably with workers/brude. :D

RespectforAnts

Re: Looking for a Queen ants in Florida

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:41 pm

Look at your region on the GAN farm in the queen ants tab at AntsCanada.com
C. Novaeboracensis (my favorite ant
C. Pennsylvannicus x2
Tetramorium Immigrans x2

antsofTH

Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:24 am

GardianofAnts wrote:
Hello, I am looking for a carpenter, black or trapjaw queen ant that is available in Florida.
I think it’s best you catch them yourself. In fact, Odontomachus (Trapjaw), Camponotus, and Black Ant lives in Florida, so why not give it a shot? It’s just a few months until Nuptial Flight Season.
However, if you dont want to wait, and you’re really desperate and to want literally buy one, it’s best you go to AntsCanada.com and buy a Queen Ant in your area at AntsCanada.com/queen-ants-for-sale/. Scroll down, type in “United States” in the ‘Filter By Country’ Box and scroll down to Florida. Most of the GAN Farmers there are empty but there are some with quite a lot of species.
I’m just a normal ant keeper living in a tropical area. :D

Owning:
Messor Structor
Camponotus spp.
Colobopsis Leonardi

Founding:
Two Solenopsis Geminata Queens

SolenopsisKeeper

Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:29 pm

antsofTH wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:24 am
GardianofAnts wrote:
I think it’s best you catch them yourself. In fact, Odontomachus (Trapjaw), Camponotus, and Black Ant lives in Florida, so why not give it a shot? It’s just a few months until Nuptial Flight Season.
However, if you dont want to wait, and you’re really desperate and to want literally buy one, it’s best you go to AntsCanada.com and buy a Queen Ant in your area at AntsCanada.com/queen-ants-for-sale/. Scroll down, type in “United States” in the ‘Filter By Country’ Box and scroll down to Florida. Most of the GAN Farmers there are empty but there are some with quite a lot of species.
Odontomachus are not fun to keep, just have cool hunting behaviors(I have kept all the Floridian Odontomachus sp in my area). Don't buy off GAN, everything is overpriced. I recommend looking into private sellers as ants are usually cheaper from them. Odontomachus will also make the average antkeeper demotivated, as they commonly die in founding even if they are fertile. And yes, flight seasons have been over for months, but Prenopsis imparis will be flying in march. As a good starter species, I recommend C. floridanus as they are the fastest growing Monogynos Camponotus in North America, and will eat table food and diets other ants would never eat.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…