Soon to be Arizona GAN farmer

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

263DJM106

Re: Soon to be Arizona GAN farmer

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:47 pm

So cool! I'm from Payson, Arizona. We have so many types of ants here, but I'm the only one here who likes them. It's so cool that there are so many ant keepers from Arizona. I hope you all have the best of luck with your colonies! I missed the mating flights this year because of a trip to Baltimore so I'll have to keep waiting.

fighter512

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Hey all! I'm in buckeye, west of phoenix. I'm new to acaf and trying to learn a lot about ant keeping.
3 Brachymyrmex Patigonicus - founding (1 with cluster)
1 - pheidole sp. - founding
7 - Crematogaster Sp. - founding (2 with eggs)

7/27/19

Coobbyo

Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:09 pm

No one seems to have posted in here in a couple years, but I live in northern Phoenix and would love to connect with other Arizonans. I'm mostly curious as to native ant species that people generally like to raise here. Thank you all for the great environment here!

VenusTSP

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:21 am

I was wondering the same exact thing! Plus, For me, it has been rather difficult to contact any ant loving Arizonans. But I am hoping on here it’ll be a bit easier, especially cause I’m new to ant keeping as well, and with so many different ant species here. I’m also wondering what species ant keepers like having here in this crazy hot desert. :D

ArizonanAnts

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Fortunate I found you. haha. Im an Arizonan (Obviously) but search for the Forelius Clan in the forums. That is where you can find, probably one of the most common knowledge of a widespread species of ant. It was my journal of the queen I kept. If you would like to know more, post any thoughts or questions in that feed. I would love to get to know some more ant loving Arizonans!

ALF (Ant Love Forever)

-ArizonanAnts
Keeper of

Nothing right now :cry: