New to Queen selling

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

Cleo2002

New to Queen selling

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Hey, I'm new to the forms and all of this fun jazz. I just had a few questions before signing up to GAN in the next year or two. I've been keeping ants for a bit now and was starting to wonder what the selling community looks like. Right now i only have carpenter ants (but am looking into getting others of my locals) I live in MO and i know it can vary from area to area but was wondering if anyone had any idea about
A. how quickly they tend to sell
B. For how much should they be sold for
C. does it matter how many our listed at a time, like is it better to just list a couple then update it when their gone or just list all im willing to part with from the get go.

Thanks for any responses and tips
Ant love forever. : D

Antloverhuman

Re: New to Queen selling

Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:01 am

They will sell according to how many people near you are in the hobby. Basically it will be faster if you live in a populated area
You need to just estimate. How common the species are, how big the colony is, if you are selling them in a nest, the cost of nest. How difficult is the colony.
If the colony is common, sell for lower price. If the species is very hard to keep, sell them for slightly higher. Also cost depends on where you live. 1 usd is 80 something inr but both will buy different amount of the same thing (5 dollars for chicken nuggets are fine but 400 rupees will buy you entire meal)
You should list all the colonies for better chances of sale+whats the harm in doing it, nobody's gonna arrest you for being a successful ant seller lol
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony