Idaho Tetramorium Queens

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

smyhls

Idaho Tetramorium Queens

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 am

A couple months ago, we accidentally flooded out a colony (or more?) of pavement ants in our yard. It was chaos, and I picked up three
queens, in case something went wrong like death or infertility. I only really need one, so if the other two are also fertile and someone local would like them when their clutches hatch, just let me know.

I'm not selling them, just offering them to someone who wants one for a new colony. I'm getting ready to do a test tube swap and can take pictures then.

Austheboss

Re: Idaho Tetramorium Queens

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:11 am

Are you feeding them? They will most likely die without workers, since you took them from an already established colony :/
.---- ..--- ..--- .....-----

smyhls

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 am

Austheboss wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:11 am
Are you feeding them? They will most likely die without workers, since you took them from an already established colony :/
Yes, we thought that, too, and provided them with some honey. We picked them up about two weeks after the nuptial flights in our area.

idahoantgirl

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:26 am

Yay more Idaho people! Welcome! Just to let you know even trading ants on this forum is against the rules outside of the Gan project. :) Theres actually quite a few Idaho people on here. At least a dozen :)
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

smyhls

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:02 am

idahoantgirl wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:26 am
Yay more Idaho people! Welcome! Just to let you know even trading ants on this forum is against the rules outside of the Gan project. :) Theres actually quite a few Idaho people on here. At least a dozen :)
Well ... bugger. I will seek another route, then.

Austheboss

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:37 pm

smyhls wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 am
Yes, we thought that, too, and provided them with some honey. We picked them up about two weeks after the nuptial flights in our area.
Ah, okay.
.---- ..--- ..--- .....-----

AntsDakota

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:14 pm

smyhls wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 am
A couple months ago, we accidentally flooded out a colony (or more?) of pavement ants in our yard. It was chaos, and I picked up three
queens, in case something went wrong like death or infertility. I only really need one, so if the other two are also fertile and someone local would like them when their clutches hatch, just let me know.

I'm not selling them, just offering them to someone who wants one for a new colony. I'm getting ready to do a test tube swap and can take pictures then.
This forum doesn't allow giving queens away either. Just through the GAN project.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Kloft101

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:37 pm

I would be interested in a queen

idahoantgirl

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Kloft101 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:37 pm
I would be interested in a queen
And another Boise person! Unless smhyls joins the Gan project he can't give away or sell queens on this forum, but there is still time to catch a Lasius Neoniger queen this month!
*btw there is an Idaho thread here. Please introduce yourself and join the group! https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10824
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile