Massachusetts Flight Sightings

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

noebl1

Re: Massachusetts Flight Sightings

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:00 am

I haven't seen any flights, however found a partial winged Camponotus queen on the driveway last night. guessing a straggler as doubt it was from the flights a couple weeks ago.
Tetramorium Sp E.
Lasius Neoniger

noebl1

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Still pretty quiet. Been doing a *lot* of walking due to a back injury... so some morning, but a lot of afternoon and evening walks both rural and urban, and super quiet since that one multi day Camponotus event back in May. My driveway is a good 450' long in the woods surrounded by conservation land, so usually see *something*, but really quiet (though last night did see a ring neck snake... never knew those were here.) I see in the latest AntsCanada video he found a Tetramorium up in Canada... lucky :)
Tetramorium Sp E.
Lasius Neoniger

zkublin

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 am

OK rain rolled through our state last night. Lets hope for some flights!!!

noebl1

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 am

zkublin wrote:OK rain rolled through our state last night. Lets hope for some flights!!!
I had hoped the same. Just came in from a good 1mile walk hoping for Tetramorium... but nothing :( Will try again this afternoon.
Tetramorium Sp E.
Lasius Neoniger

zkublin

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:53 pm

More rain came through this afternoon. Come on Queens, you know you want to fly.

noebl1

Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:46 am

zkublin wrote:More rain came through this afternoon. Come on Queens, you know you want to fly.
No luck for me yet. Took a long walk about an hour after the rain stopped yesterday and didn't see anything. Possible Camponotus may be primarily done, and the Tetramorium just haven't flown here yet? I know we're still a couple months out for a lot of the Lasius.
Tetramorium Sp E.
Lasius Neoniger

noebl1

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:04 am

Anyone seeing anything? Reported that Tetramorium flew in Montreal, Quebec on Sat night. I was out that night walking with a flash light looking around and didn't see anything other than a termite alate.
Tetramorium Sp E.
Lasius Neoniger

zkublin

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:38 am

Absolutely nothing here :cry:

noebl1

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:47 am

Tetramorium reports in NY and such... still nothing here. Also having a relative who lives around the MA/RI border check the pool skimmer, and hasn't seen any at all either.
Tetramorium Sp E.
Lasius Neoniger

nightxwolf88

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:36 am

noebl1 wrote:Tetramorium reports in NY and such... still nothing here. Also having a relative who lives around the MA/RI border check the pool skimmer, and hasn't seen any at all either.
After reading tetramorium sightings were getting abundant in PA it took about a week to start seeing any in my pool here in central NY and today was first day saw queens with out wings searching for a founding site. Maybe same delay will happen for you since just a bit north of me.