Site about nuptial flight

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

gorchakua

Re: Site about nuptial flight

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:50 pm

http://flightants.zzz.com.ua/ - temporary link.

After publishing I find one mistake - The only one country was originally selected. You should change current continent and other countries will be loading.
There are more european species in database, but I want to add more american, asian and african species.

If you find some kind of inaccuracy, please, write about it.
Also, I need help with species that live outside of Europe. If you know a lot of ants, you can write me in facebook or skype.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/petro.gorchak

Ryderw

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:23 pm

I think this is an awesome site and idea looking forward to using this sight so much! Maybe something you can add is like a little list of info on each ant like where their located, diet, behavior exe. so like a care sheet sort of. :D
new keeper

gorchakua

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Ryderw wrote:
I think this is an awesome site and idea looking forward to using this sight so much! Maybe something you can add is like a little list of info on each ant like where their located, diet, behavior exe. so like a care sheet sort of. :D
Some of this information is already in database, but I don't show these now. In future I will make pages for each species with all information.

Ryderw

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:38 pm

gorchakua wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Ryderw wrote:
Some of this information is already in database, but I don't show these now. In future I will make pages for each species with all information.
ok good luck I cant wait for this sight to lunch to the public
new keeper

Ryderw

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Are you able to search a specific ant or do you have to look by country
new keeper

gorchakua

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:27 am

Hi!

I was working on 'profile' page for ant species.
I'm not web-designer and, maybe, page looks very simple. But I like it :)
On the right side you can see empty space. I think about it... Maybe, I will add similar species on that free-space.
If you have some ideas for page, you can write in this forum :)

gorchakua

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 am

Hi, everybody ! :)

(sorry of my bad English :))

I was working at new update. This one about North America.
I made new page - 'Profile' of ants. There will be a lot of informations about selected ant. Now, you can see a short description, informations about ant keeping and some photos with queen, workers and males. I was adding information myself and I can't find description or all photos for some species.

Name of species already stored in URL. And you can copy or share link with you chosen species

Also, I filled the base with new exclusive species from North America: Myrmecocystus (4), Pogonomyrmex (4), Prenolepis imparis, Pseudomyrmex gracilis (South and North America) and other species which are more common.

It's really hard to find informations in several sources for each species. I hope, that my work will be helpful for somebody.

P.S I thought about hosting. Today, I not ready to pay for that. But if you help me with money, I will buy new domain (url address) and hosting. It's optional, you shouldn't spend your money for this site. I will complete this in any case :)