Help with Formica fusca

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

KristijanVelja

Help with Formica fusca

Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 am

Hello! I've been looking for Formica fusca queens for a month and a half now, I'm sure they exist in my area since I've caught a queen last year (that died unfortunately) and there are some colonies around here, however I can't seem to find any this year, I've been looking mostly from 13:00 to midnight at random times but I've still not found anything... Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

JaydenScheepers

Re: Help with Formica fusca

Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:03 am

KristijanVelja wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 am
Hello! I've been looking for Formica fusca queens for a month and a half now, I'm sure they exist in my area since I've caught a queen last year (that died unfortunately) and there are some colonies around here, however I can't seem to find any this year, I've been looking mostly from 13:00 to midnight at random times but I've still not found anything... Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Ants usually fly after it rained heavily or when the humidity is high for your area. So a good time to look is after rain.
Keeping:

• Cataulacus granulatus x2
• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1