Nuptial Flights in Vancouver BC Canada

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

MajiK604

Nuptial Flights in Vancouver BC Canada

Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:41 pm

Hello, I live in Vancouver British Columbia Canada, and starting last night we got our first big rain of this summer. I'm excited to go out and look for queens whenever the nuptial flights start and I've been keeping my eyes peeled for any signs for the last 2 days. I'm new to any keeping and this would be my first real attempt at catching a queen. What if anything will be flying this time of year in my area as far as species go? If anyone has any links or information for my area I would greatly appreciate the knowledge. Again I'm very new to this even though I've been wanting to keep ants for over 6 years. Any knowledge would be a huge help for me. Thanks in advance :D
:) In my first year of ant keeping after dreaming about it for 6 years :)

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Nuptial Flights in Vancouver BC Canada

Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:28 am

MajiK604 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:41 pm
Hello, I live in Vancouver British Columbia Canada, and starting last night we got our first big rain of this summer. I'm excited to go out and look for queens whenever the nuptial flights start and I've been keeping my eyes peeled for any signs for the last 2 days. I'm new to any keeping and this would be my first real attempt at catching a queen. What if anything will be flying this time of year in my area as far as species go? If anyone has any links or information for my area I would greatly appreciate the knowledge. Again I'm very new to this even though I've been wanting to keep ants for over 6 years. Any knowledge would be a huge help for me. Thanks in advance :D
Camponotus are flying in CA right now. They are attracted to bright lights, and are typically found between 5-11PM depending on species.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…