INDIANA Nuptial flights?

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

ANThonyluscious

INDIANA Nuptial flights?

Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:52 pm

Hey y’all, it’s starting to look like we’re gonnna straight up skip spring and go straight into summer and I want to get into the hobby. As a poor man with money enough to purchase what I need to start out I’m having a really hard time figuring out when I should be going out and looking for queens. I’ve watched the videos and I’ve looked at the internet but I’m not finding enough of anything to let me know when I should be spending my off time finding queens. (The GAN Farmers in my state are far away and you’ve seen gas prices) PLEASE HELP! :( :(
Currently keeping: Camponotus pennsylvanicus colony just moved into an AC hybrid mini. :D

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: INDIANA Nuptial flights?

Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:32 pm

ANThonyluscious wrote:
Hey y’all, it’s starting to look like we’re gonnna straight up skip spring and go straight into summer and I want to get into the hobby. As a poor man with money enough to purchase what I need to start out I’m having a really hard time figuring out when I should be going out and looking for queens. I’ve watched the videos and I’ve looked at the internet but I’m not finding enough of anything to let me know when I should be spending my off time finding queens. (The GAN Farmers in my state are far away and you’ve seen gas prices) PLEASE HELP! :( :(
Yep, most of the worlds oil prices have gone up, especially here in Florida.

Also, it is WAY too early right now. If I were you, I would wait until it is 70s at night and rains every week. I blaclight in Florida(very warm) and still, nothing
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

SRQAnts

Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:52 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
ANThonyluscious wrote:

Also, it is WAY too early right now. If I were you, I would wait until it is 70s at night and rains every week. I blaclight in Florida(very warm) and still, nothing
Where in Florida are you? We are in Sarasota. Have our tube setups and aspirator ready to go.

SolenopsisKeeper

Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:11 pm

SRQAnts wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:52 pm
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
ANThonyluscious wrote:

Where in Florida are you? We are in Sarasota. Have our tube setups and aspirator ready to go.
I don’t feel comfortable disclosing that, but centralish Florida. Just found a D. Bureni queen yesterday
When you accidentally reply to yourself…