can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

User avatar
yahammad
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm
Location: saudi arabia

can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 69778Post yahammad
Wed May 06, 2020 9:02 pm

since their are very few trees and plants
i cant see any queen ants except rarely between grasses which i spend more than 4 hours of searching per week (before coronavirus pandemic) its been about a year and still havent found any i checked nuptial flight schedule of UAE and The MiddleEast and there are no ants that are in saudi arabia in the GAN project
anyone plz plz plz plz plz HELP :cry: :(
Last edited by yahammad on Wed May 06, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IT'S ANTLOVE FOREVER

User avatar
yahammad
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm
Location: saudi arabia

Re: can tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 69779Post yahammad
Wed May 06, 2020 9:06 pm

ps. i'd really like fire ants ,carpenter ant,or weaver ants
but i'd be satisfied with anything
IT'S ANTLOVE FOREVER

User avatar
yahammad
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm
Location: saudi arabia

Re: can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 69792Post yahammad
Thu May 07, 2020 8:40 am

pss. id also like
black crazy ants
or yellow crazy ants
IT'S ANTLOVE FOREVER

User avatar
yahammad
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm
Location: saudi arabia

Re: can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 69793Post yahammad
Thu May 07, 2020 8:44 am

yahammad wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:02 pm
since their are very few trees and plants
i cant see any queen ants except rarely between grasses which i spend more than 4 hours of searching per week (before coronavirus pandemic) its been about a year and still havent found any i checked nuptial flight schedule of UAE and The MiddleEast and there are no ants that are in saudi arabia in the GAN project
anyone plz plz plz plz plz HELP :cry: :(
when i said "rarely between grasses " i mean they have already started the colony with only few nanitics and eggs but i want a single freshly fertilized queens
IT'S ANTLOVE FOREVER

User avatar
yahammad
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm
Location: saudi arabia

Re: can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 69808Post yahammad
Thu May 07, 2020 7:02 pm

dryness and heat makes it so hard to find queen ants
IT'S ANTLOVE FOREVER

VanPolska
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:58 pm
Location: Abbotsford, BC

Re: can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 70307Post VanPolska
Mon May 25, 2020 1:37 am

I Live in Canada, lots of ants. I still have a hard time finding queens. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
Have you considered buying a queen?

User avatar
yahammad
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm
Location: saudi arabia

Re: can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 71165Post yahammad
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:21 pm

VanPolska wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:37 am
I Live in Canada, lots of ants. I still have a hard time finding queens. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
Have you considered buying a queen?
thanks but there are no queen ants for sale not even in the GAN project
IT'S ANTLOVE FOREVER

Hawkeye
Posts: 1561
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:38 pm
Location: Almelo

Re: can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 71200Post Hawkeye
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:57 am

yahammad wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:21 pm
VanPolska wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:37 am
I Live in Canada, lots of ants. I still have a hard time finding queens. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
Have you considered buying a queen?
thanks but there are no queen ants for sale not even in the GAN project
The thing is you would need an ant that is accustomed to the dry heat in your area, unless you can add an automatic hydration system to your tank and even then regulating the humidity levels might be difficult.
So I guess local ants are your best option. Keeping an eye on colonies in the surrounding area and visiting them at the crack of dawn, when temperatures are still bearable is all i can think off

User avatar
yahammad
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm
Location: saudi arabia

Re: can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 71672Post yahammad
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:03 pm

i have done my research on humidity and temprature regulation
my only problem is catching a queen and i do search in green fields more than 4 hours a week i saw ton of ants yet not a single new queen i searched on google and no matter what i never find any nuptial flight schedules for saudi arabia nor the middle east nor even western asia
:?:
IT'S ANTLOVE FOREVER

Hawkeye
Posts: 1561
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:38 pm
Location: Almelo

Re: can anyone tell me how to catch a queen ant in saudi arabia

Post: # 71681Post Hawkeye
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:52 am

yahammad wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:03 pm
i have done my research on humidity and temprature regulation
my only problem is catching a queen and i do search in green fields more than 4 hours a week i saw ton of ants yet not a single new queen i searched on google and no matter what i never find any nuptial flight schedules for saudi arabia nor the middle east nor even western asia
:?:
There might be some in Mickeys book?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests