Awesome Catch of A Bday

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

JustABitAntsy

Re: Awesome Catch of A Bday

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:39 pm

LasiusSapien wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:43 am
JustABitAntsy wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:31 am
LasiusSapien wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:28 am

nice one bud, as my mum used to say if you want to find something stop looking for it, :D
hey thanks also I made a post of a vid i recorded it with can you see if you knowwhat type of queen it is?
yeah watched the vid but tbh i'm not sure she'll be easier to ID when she loses her wings, soz bud not much help there
hey i just caught another queen ant just like the one I caught Friday
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

Hawkeye

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:30 am

JustABitAntsy wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:19 pm
So today is my Bday and I been wanting to keep ants for a while, but I couldn't because I knew nuptial flight was over besides some rare occurences. Haha well my brother found for me one of those rare occurrences when he spotted one I currently didn't have a test tube yet so I scooped it up with a water bottle that is empty then transferred it to a pill bottle I had cleaned a while ago. Well sure it didn't have the best transfer because it kind've got caught in the droplets of water. I think I got it out of the water droplets in time though I plan to take pics in a few days I'm feeling it might be solenopsis or maybe a myrmica or tetramorium, but I don't know yet well that's all wish it luck that it'll survive and if it does I will probs name it Lucky for the various reasons I have given. New AntKeeper JustABitAntsy over and out :D
A belated happy birthday to you!

JustABitAntsy

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:30 am
JustABitAntsy wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:19 pm
So today is my Bday and I been wanting to keep ants for a while, but I couldn't because I knew nuptial flight was over besides some rare occurences. Haha well my brother found for me one of those rare occurrences when he spotted one I currently didn't have a test tube yet so I scooped it up with a water bottle that is empty then transferred it to a pill bottle I had cleaned a while ago. Well sure it didn't have the best transfer because it kind've got caught in the droplets of water. I think I got it out of the water droplets in time though I plan to take pics in a few days I'm feeling it might be solenopsis or maybe a myrmica or tetramorium, but I don't know yet well that's all wish it luck that it'll survive and if it does I will probs name it Lucky for the various reasons I have given. New AntKeeper JustABitAntsy over and out :D
A belated happy birthday to you!
thanks!
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975