Tetramorium Nuptial Flight rescue

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

AntChuck

Tetramorium Nuptial Flight rescue

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Nuptial flights for tetramorium happened early this week in Wisconsin... I had been patiently waiting for this moment however I missed it but luckily I have a fairly decent size swimming pool in my back yard. I gathered around 30-40 winged queens and a few males from the pool and placed them in a small container with the sun on it to dry them off... roughly 25 queens and 3 males revived after spending the night in a swimming pool. Sadly we were headed for vacation later that day and i didnt have time to seperate them into tube set ups so i had to improvise with a clean butter container, several pen caps and a couple of test tubes with water... The pen caps were improvised to provide some semblance of a nest in my haste to leave. I wont return home till this Saturday unfortunately so im hoping that a few of these winged queens are fertile and nesting so i can easily identify and transfer.
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis

Antloverhuman

Re: Tetramorium Nuptial Flight rescue

Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:48 am

Hope they didnt all die
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony