C.Pennsylvanicus in Maine!

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

Post Reply
User avatar
AGENTSCEPTILE
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: MAINE
Contact:

C.Pennsylvanicus in Maine!

Post: # 59239Post AGENTSCEPTILE
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:27 pm

The first pic is from a queen from the 27th of may, now very protective of her eggs,
The second pic is from today- Isn't she beautiful?
https://ibb.co/wsHCh58
https://ibb.co/YpSSf6d
(Still can't figure out how to post pics, even after vids! :x :lol: )
Image
Keeper of
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Camponotus Novaeboracensus
5 Annoying anklebiter chickens :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2IzQmOdK5n09xcAzyaIJWA
Happy Anting! :mrgreen:

AntsDakota
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: C.Pennsylvanicus in Maine!

Post: # 59266Post AntsDakota
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:04 pm

AGENTSCEPTILE wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:27 pm
The first pic is from a queen from the 27th of may, now very protective of her eggs,
The second pic is from today- Isn't she beautiful?
https://ibb.co/wsHCh58
https://ibb.co/YpSSf6d
(Still can't figure out how to post pics, even after vids! :x :lol: )
Image
Congratulations! I just caught a queen of that species also.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

GreenTikiFire
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: C.Pennsylvanicus in Maine!

Post: # 59537Post GreenTikiFire
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Congrats! Just caught one myself!

I've just figured out the picture problem :)
Was having the same issue.


1) Go to the links you gave.
2) Right click on the image, and select -> "Copy image address"
3) Come back to your post, and press the image button on the forum Image
4) Use the URL you copied in the img tags
5) you will know it is the correct URL because it will end in ".jpg" or ".png"

User avatar
AGENTSCEPTILE
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: MAINE
Contact:

Re: C.Pennsylvanicus in Maine!

Post: # 59809Post AGENTSCEPTILE
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:12 am

Lemme try dat'...
Keeper of
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Camponotus Novaeboracensus
5 Annoying anklebiter chickens :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2IzQmOdK5n09xcAzyaIJWA
Happy Anting! :mrgreen:

User avatar
AGENTSCEPTILE
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: MAINE
Contact:

Re: C.Pennsylvanicus in Maine!

Post: # 59810Post AGENTSCEPTILE
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:13 am

Image
Keeper of
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Camponotus Novaeboracensus
5 Annoying anklebiter chickens :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2IzQmOdK5n09xcAzyaIJWA
Happy Anting! :mrgreen:

User avatar
AGENTSCEPTILE
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: MAINE
Contact:

Re: C.Pennsylvanicus in Maine!

Post: # 59811Post AGENTSCEPTILE
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:14 am

GreenTikiFire wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Congrats! Just caught one myself!

I've just figured out the picture problem :)
Was having the same issue.


1) Go to the links you gave.
2) Right click on the image, and select -> "Copy image address"
3) Come back to your post, and press the image button on the forum Image
4) Use the URL you copied in the img tags
5) you will know it is the correct URL because it will end in ".jpg" or ".png"
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!
Keeper of
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Camponotus Novaeboracensus
5 Annoying anklebiter chickens :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2IzQmOdK5n09xcAzyaIJWA
Happy Anting! :mrgreen:

GreenTikiFire
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: C.Pennsylvanicus in Maine!

Post: # 59913Post GreenTikiFire
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:52 pm

AGENTSCEPTILE wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:14 am
GreenTikiFire wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Congrats! Just caught one myself!

I've just figured out the picture problem :)
Was having the same issue.


1) Go to the links you gave.
2) Right click on the image, and select -> "Copy image address"
3) Come back to your post, and press the image button on the forum Image
4) Use the URL you copied in the img tags
5) you will know it is the correct URL because it will end in ".jpg" or ".png"
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

You're welcome!
This forum is a lot more exciting with pictures :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests