Nuptail flights uk

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

GriffinAnt

Nuptail flights uk

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:26 am

So ive ether missed my patio ants nuptail flight or they are gearing up for it as all the nests have excraveted there nest entrances to make room for the males and Queens. the flight wont be today as its windy and drizzling but yesterday was warmer but not hot enough for a flight so just hoping ive not missed it.

GriffinAnt

Re: Nuptail flights uk

Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:50 am

its raining hard today ( comon it is the UK after all ) so nuptail flight wont be happening today. However i have moved collection tubes to by the door so can grab them. :D

GriffinAnt

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:17 pm

ok so at time of posting can clearly see males and queens waiting for the flight in the holes. will be surprized it it dont happen this evening :D

GriffinAnt

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:29 am

yet again today could be my patio nuptial flight. can clearly see males and queens preping for flight.

Tom1987

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello,

Im REALLY looking for myrmica rubra or similar, does anyone know of any mature colonies about to fly?
I live just south of birmingham so ideally somewhere close to there!

GriffinAnt

Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:23 am

just caught 7 queens from off my patio. will check on them in a week they are in my chest of drawsin the dark in test tube set up. might go gan farmer route or whatever. :D

GriffinAnt

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:02 am

pic of the 7

GriffinAnt

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:34 am

Pleased to report 6 outa 7 of the Queens have laid. very chuffed with that. alot better than was expecting. :D