Journal of Queens

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

RespectforAnts

Re: Journal of Queens

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:31 pm

Update: The "deformed" worker seems to be better now and I gave them a japanese beetle lag to the tetramorium and C. Novaeboracensis colonies. The last camponotus penn. queen has workers now, I will feed them tomorrow.
C. Novaeboracensis (my favorite ant
C. Pennsylvannicus x2
Tetramorium Immigrans x2

SolenopsisKeeper

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:38 pm

RespectforAnts wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:52 pm
The workers finally arrived! Both the tetramorium queens have about 8 workers, though I noticed that one of them is very sluggish and not very active, maybe the exoskeletons have't hardened yet? I also checked on the camponotus and was pleasantly surprised that 2 of them had workers except for the 2nd camponotus penn. who has mature pupae. Anyway the C. Novaeboracensis is up to 6 workers and is looking promising. The first camponotus penn. queen has 2 workers but I am confused because the second one cannot get off its back and looks like a couple of its legs are joined together or something, and I feel kinda bad for it. Also in that test tube there must have been some sand in it or something because they are rolling around this big sand ball lol :lol: . I already fed all the colonies with workers and noticed mold on the water side of the cotton ball on one of them, its not serious yet but I think the cotton ball has also dried out because the queen was tugging at it, so should I try and move them, they have some eggs and small larvae also 1 mature larvae.
The legs are connected via silk, which will probably not be undone. It will slowly die or be killed. You can try to help it, but I am not sure how.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

RespectforAnts

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:38 am

It seems fine now and moves around tending to the brood but might be a bit slower, also I think I will give the some protein because they have a lot of small larvae.
C. Novaeboracensis (my favorite ant
C. Pennsylvannicus x2
Tetramorium Immigrans x2