Bugging3out’s tetramorium immigrans journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

bugging3out

Bugging3out’s tetramorium immigrans journal

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:46 am

Hi ant people on the forums!
I am gonna make a journal on tetramorium immigrans. Here is the story.
So i woke up around 7:30 in the morning on Father’s Day. I woke up to get dressed and went outside. I was snooping around my backyard to only find a wingless tetramorium queen darting across the pavement i jumped up and i put a cup over her then i slid a card under her and there you have it a beautiful queen. I didn’t know she was mated so i put her in the closet and checked on her 2 days later. She had a massive batch of eggs. I was really happy. So now i am going to update you guys every step of the way. Right now she is fine and cleaning her eggs. I will update you when she gets her first tiny larvae. Which will be in 7-14 days. See ya then! Feel free to say anything you’d like! I am open to advise comments and suggestions!

Have a great day, Bugging3out :D :D
Why did I even make a signature if I am just gonna say this.

bugging3out

Re: Bugging3out’s tetramorium immigrans journal

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Update # 1
Queen has still eggs. No larvae yet. Hopefully the eggs will turn into larvae soon. I have been keeping her at around 80 degrees F. Should I go higher or lower? I don't want to overheat her and I want the eggs to develop fast. Thanks!

bugging3out

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:41 am

Update # 2
Larvae have hatched this is amazing! It’s been 5 days since the last update. Here’s the new news. I caught the queen on the 20th of June. She started to lay eggs around the 21st and finished laying eggs on the 22nd. So the eggs have been incubating for 6-7 days now and finally hatched today. They are tiny little maggot looking things. I gave her 2 whole fruit flies which she gobbled up.I think 11-12 days from now her larvae will pupate. I’ll update you guys in 5 days. I’d appreciate if anyone had any advise on the temperature of which I should keep the queen at. And any comments and suggestions! Thanks!

SYUTEO

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 pm

I never heard of people giving food to Tetramorium immigrans queens before since they are fully-claustral, though some Tetramorium species are semi-claustral. If you want to give her food, just a tiny drop of honey would be ok, if she does eat insects at the founding stage, then you can feed her that but just not too often as they can be stressed out by food.

bugging3out

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:21 am

Okay thank you.