My queen ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

SYUTEO

Re: My queen ant journal

Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:09 pm

Camponotus queens do occasionally take egg-laying breaks, usually it lasts for a month, but sometimes it can last longer.

Antloverhuman

Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:29 am

11 April 2023
They are now actively foraging which is great. I actually saw one Jeff eat the honey i gave them before. No eggs still. Schools were started a week ago so by now i am truly disintegrated (i was told 11th grade was gonna be chill but no this sucks). Anyways naturally I won't be super active. Will come on every day probably but won't post anything, maybe some unanswered topics or more posts here but thats pretty much it
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

Antloverhuman

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:19 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
11 April 2023
They are now actively foraging which is great. I actually saw one Jeff eat the honey i gave them before. No eggs still. Schools were started a week ago so by now i am truly disintegrated (i was told 11th grade was gonna be chill but no this sucks). Anyways naturally I won't be super active. Will come on every day probably but won't post anything, maybe some unanswered topics or more posts here but thats pretty much it
She laid eggs :D
Ants I have-

AntsAreCool715

Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:36 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Antloverhuman wrote:
11 April 2023
Great! Hope you will have a small Camponotus colony soon. By the way, good luck in 11th grade. :D
I have found more queens!
-Polyrhachis laevissima (left only queen)
-Pheidole parva (TOO MUCH)
-Iridomyrmex Anceps
-Polyrhachis dives
Hope to catch camponotus soon...

Antloverhuman

Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:53 am

AntsAreCool715 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:36 am
Antloverhuman wrote:
Antloverhuman wrote:
11 April 2023
Great! Hope you will have a small Camponotus colony soon. By the way, good luck in 11th grade. :D
They are already almost 2 years old :lol: they are big colony with around 100 workers
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:42 am

23 April 2023
Fed em eggs. One Jeff's gaster is completely empty so my instinct is telling he's gonna die soon :(
Also i sometimes think my ants can actually leave the nest, and every time i sleep, they get out, find something to eat and go back to the nest without me knowing
It has been raining slowly for a few days but no queens yet. Lots of butterflies tho
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:11 am

26 April 2023
I saw another camponotus (probably compressus) queen at school BUT THIS TIME I HAD A VIAL LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W5L1f3GmcuMPLwD97

Hopefully she's fertile. I will probably sell her but there's a small chance i try merging them because i have heard they are polygenous. But she's worth a good amount i know that
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:33 am

Noodle update (you didn't think i would do this again did ya)
The new queen is being awfully still. Her legs twitch weirdly and her antennas are bending at the ends which, over the years i have realised are a sign that the ant is gonna die. I gave her some honey but she stayed absolutely still in the same place. Stress could be a big reason as the ride hime from school was a very bumpy one and she was in a small vial so i will remove the honey and keep her away for a month hoping she doesn't die
Ants I have-

SYUTEO

Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:44 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:33 am
Noodle update (you didn't think i would do this again did ya)
The new queen is being awfully still. Her legs twitch weirdly and her antennas are bending at the ends which, over the years i have realised are a sign that the ant is gonna die. I gave her some honey but she stayed absolutely still in the same place. Stress could be a big reason as the ride hime from school was a very bumpy one and she was in a small vial so i will remove the honey and keep her away for a month hoping she doesn't die
Maybe she's infertile, or hungry, or something else.

Antloverhuman

Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:28 am

Yeah she might be infertile. Shes been pulling cotton the entire time i assume as there was alot of pulled cotton. I will try to feed her again.

Also big thing i saw a dead ant on the lid of the outworld. If you don't know this, i have a Tupperware container as the outworld and its lid has a square cut with mesh glued. But i dont close the lid, just put it on it without closing it.
Basically what j think is that they can actually escape but as not alot of ants are foraging (those who do forage dont even try to climb) and whenever an ant is about to die, it always tries its best to climb out so thats probably why one and got out and died. I will just re apply the barrier as i don't think any ant escaped
Ants I have-