My queen ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

antnest8

Re: My queen ant journal

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:05 pm

Congrats on your first Major!
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

Antloverhuman

Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:26 pm

30 October 2021
Another ant died. And it seems one more ant is dying. I think it's the 5th or the 6th one. It curls up but after some times get backed up. When I put it back toward the best entrance it runs back to the other side of the outworld and stays there. I have heard that when an ant is dying it goes to the graveyard by itself and stays there because it thinks it's dead and should be placed ant the graveyard. Their repletes are so full and I give them little flies that come near the light.( They are not exactly flies. They sorta resemble gnats) whenever ant ant is freshly dead I check it for any mites but I have not found any. I have recently started to give them little sun in their outworld which they seem to like. My isopod farm is now completely dead because I was ill and forgot to water their enclosure :roll:
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

CombinedHalo467

Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:36 pm

rip poor isopods they shall be forever immortalized on this forum
A prenolepis imparis colony with repletes and a big queen also 10 chickens and 1 annoying brother.

Ants Are Awesome

Antloverhuman

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:20 am

4 November 2021
HAPPY DIWALI!! :D
Now there's gonna be so much pollution and people are gonna have serious lung problems. Anyways my ants decided to make Jeff a repletes. That's all I got
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:30 am

Ah yes, aqi of where i live is over 470, beautiful toxic air that i am breathing right now.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wXPm81P1jpCe4xZH8
The hazyness is not because of bad camera but because of smoke! Its literally the worst part of the year :( the thing is there is alot of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, sulfur in the air and it also kills insects as well as human. Im scared that my ants might die. See this air is around till a week and i cant to anything. I just need to pray that me or my ants dont die from poison :(
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:43 am

6 November 2021
35 workers and jeff, tonnes of cocoons. There are larvae but the queen didn't lay a new egg batch probably because its too cold. Gave them some orange pulp which they ate. They still forage even though they have alot of repletes idk why
Ants I have-

SYUTEO

Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:13 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:43 am
6 November 2021
35 workers and jeff, tonnes of cocoons. There are larvae but the queen didn't lay a new egg batch probably because its too cold. Gave them some orange pulp which they ate. They still forage even though they have alot of repletes idk why
Lack of protein probably.

AntsClementi

Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:50 pm

ants do forage even though their repletes are full so that when the repletes run out of food one day they could just be fed more :D
hello I am just a ordinary dude in a not so ordinary country :D
I have beginner's luck
I am lazy
I think I have a bit of depression :!: :?

antnest8

Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:33 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
30 October 2021
Another ant died. And it seems one more ant is dying. I think it's the 5th or the 6th one. It curls up but after some times get backed up. When I put it back toward the best entrance it runs back to the other side of the outworld and stays there. I have heard that when an ant is dying it goes to the graveyard by itself and stays there because it thinks it's dead and should be placed ant the graveyard. Their repletes are so full and I give them little flies that come near the light.( They are not exactly flies. They sorta resemble gnats) whenever ant ant is freshly dead I check it for any mites but I have not found any. I have recently started to give them little sun in their outworld which they seem to like. My isopod farm is now completely dead because I was ill and forgot to water their enclosure :roll:
That's unfortunate. I have had to watch many a Carpender ant die. I know that ants release Death pheromones' that tell others it is dead, but I don't know if these are released before or after death. I do know that someone poured some of these pheromones' on an ant and it walked itself to the graveyard.
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

SYUTEO

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:26 pm

antnest8 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:33 pm
Antloverhuman wrote:
30 October 2021
That's unfortunate. I have had to watch many a Carpender ant die. I know that ants release Death pheromones' that tell others it is dead, but I don't know if these are released before or after death. I do know that someone poured some of these pheromones' on an ant and it walked itself to the graveyard.
I heard it releases the death pheromone 3 days after it died.