My queen ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

Antloverhuman

Re: My queen ant journal

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:04 am

13 june 2022
AAAAA POOPS HAPPENING AAAAA
ants have once again found their way in the watering chamber. I stuffed it with more tissue paper. The tetramorium species that i asked a while back for identification have found a way up to my ants nest. But I don't need to worry about them because the maximum workers i ever saw of their colony were 6 and they are very slow and small so they can't possibly eradicate my extremely aggressive colony. I will give them alot of food in order to make them forage less and hopefully they go chill mode and don't escape. Also did i mention the ant barrier is completely ineffective? They can just scale up the outworld to the mesh. Also in one of the balconies, the return of legend, black crazy ants are now back and i saw them taking dead trash ant workersso thats great. Also looks like it could rain today so i can catch more queens
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

Antloverhuman

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:21 am

Update
AAAAAA MORE POOPS HAPPENING AAAAAA
So when there were no ants foraging, i closed their entrance to the outworld. Then i reapplied the barrier, cleaned their water tt and gave them egg yolk. But when i opened the entrance and watered their nest, all of them started running around like crazy. Even the queen was screaming. I assumed that now that there was a way to the water chamber, when i opened it, alot of air came in(the fan was running quite fast during that time) after a while everybody calmed down. They can't climb the new barrier and a re currently eating the food.
Also i gave the black crazy ants some honey, and the pheidoli parva colony sone egg yolk (after a million years)
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:32 am

Crap it aint rainin 😭😭
Ants I have-

SolenopsisKeeper

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:53 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:21 am
Update
AAAAAA MORE POOPS HAPPENING AAAAAA
So when there were no ants foraging, i closed their entrance to the outworld. Then i reapplied the barrier, cleaned their water tt and gave them egg yolk. But when i opened the entrance and watered their nest, all of them started running around like crazy. Even the queen was screaming. I assumed that now that there was a way to the water chamber, when i opened it, alot of air came in(the fan was running quite fast during that time) after a while everybody calmed down. They can't climb the new barrier and a re currently eating the food.
Also i gave the black crazy ants some honey, and the pheidoli parva colony sone egg yolk (after a million years)
No ants foraging? So you can actually change the nectar feeder? I wish that was the case with me…
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

Antloverhuman

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:34 am

I actually had to wait for eternity for that to happen. Whenever the only ant was going back, another one would come out :lol: it was so irritating but i had luck today
Ants I have-

SolenopsisKeeper

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:34 am
I actually had to wait for eternity for that to happen. Whenever the only ant was going back, another one would come out :lol: it was so irritating but i had luck today
This is me disconnecting the trap jaw ant nest before they move back in….

Antloverhuman

Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:46 am

15 june 2022
I gave them a stick yesterday and planned that i can put honey on the ends so the ants would climb on it and drink it. But i saw one and with kinda squished gaster. I separated her and put her in a tt to see if it was a big mite but really was a bent gaster. I flung her back into the outworld and saw her limping. My heart dropped for a moment and i thought i swung the tt too hard that the impact made her legs broken. Then i realized the ants cant have fracture and she probably fell through the honey. Later she got back in the nest and got fine.
Do ants have weird gaster? Did it happen as she came out of the cocoon or she just slept on the wrong side :lol: :?:
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:52 am

Wait never mind, she is dying. And i don't know if its because of the gaster or me yeeting her in the outworld
Ants I have-

SolenopsisKeeper

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:18 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:52 am
Wait never mind, she is dying. And i don't know if its because of the gaster or me yeeting her in the outworld
No, ants get killed in cocoons if they are not standard workers, or if they are males. It was likely damaged by something or spun coccon and made it pass the worker pupae check.

Antloverhuman

Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:26 am

16 June 2022
I saw just one ant on the mesh :roll: but it was having difficulty going down so i assumed it was very difficult to climb the barrier. I saw no other ants trying to climb after that. In the nest one worker was carrying another worker which i thought was dead, but when the worker put the other worker down, it started walking :lol: i guess it was a new worker which was being put on the cocoon pile to take care of it. It was so funny to watch that
Ants I have-