Ant nerd’s double ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

Antnerd
Location: New Hampshire, USA, North America, earth, our solar system, the Milky Way.

Ant nerd’s double ant journal

Wed May 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Warning wall of text incoming

So let me just put this out here, I’ve got two colony’s both in test tubes and ac portals the first one is a Camponotus pennsylvanicus with 2 workers, 4 eggs, 3 big and growing larvae. (And obviously a queen :roll: ) I’ve had this colony from February and got it from the G.A.N project.

The 2nd colony is more complicated you see Ive identified it as lasius nearcticus (once again thank you so much AM1C39 for your help) but the thing is that if you search it then you get almost no info so we’ve got a species that’s not much known about so exited and nervous. We’ve only got the queen so I’m scared.

Ok we need names for these ants so suggestions are welcome
The Camponotus pennsylvanicus has gotten maple syrup and one of the workers is now a replete they are very shy and they’ve never ventured out of their test tube so I’ve fed them in there. I’ll get pics soon

Our lasius nearcticus Queen is very explorative and is also been drinking maple syrup. is she semi~claustral? If anyone else has experience with this species then please help. I think she’s semi-claustral so I’ll treat her like one.

https://imgur.com/jheQQdy
The lasius nearcticus queen drinking maple syrup
I know things

AM1C39

Re: Ant nerd’s double ant journal

Wed May 12, 2021 7:47 pm

You could name the camponotus P. colony ''the dark nation'' or ''the dark empire'' because they are the color black. And you could name the lasius N. colony ''the incognita ants'' or ''the unknown colony'' because not mush is known about them.
My current colonies:
-Miniature Military(formica neogagates)
-Black Hearts(crematogaster cerasi)
In search of new camponotus colony
[Have a look at antmaps.org]

Antnerd
Location: New Hampshire, USA, North America, earth, our solar system, the Milky Way.

Re: Ant nerd’s double ant journal

Thu May 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Wow I like those names :) maybe we could do a poll if any other names come up but for now I’ll use those for now
also not much is going on but I’ll get some pics for the dark empire
I know things