The Journey of My Ant Keeping

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

stephenb04

The Journey of My Ant Keeping

Sun May 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Week 1—————————————————— ——————————————————————
I was going to wait until the month of June to search for Camponotus queens originally. This is because I am from the North East side of America.

———Camponotus 1
As I was having a fire with a few close friends I spotted so many queens. I decided to grab a test tube after everyone left. This was also at 11:00 pm EST or 23:00 EST. I luckily found a queen on the side of my porch, which I caught. She was a Camponotus Pennsylvanicus.

——Camponotus 2
The next day I had another fire as I was grabbing wood I found another queen. Sadly, I believe because I was moving the fire wood. I believe that was the reason that two of her legs are broken. I have not given up hope on her. I could not identify her while she was injured. I have heard that insects can heal broken parts but they would be 66% efficient.

———Camponotus 3
As well as camponotus 2 I found her shortly after. I was glad to see this one was not injured. She is also a Camponotus Pennsylanicus.

Hawkeye

Re: The Journey of My Ant Keeping

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:37 am

stephenb04 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:21 pm
Week 1—————————————————— ——————————————————————
I was going to wait until the month of June to search for Camponotus queens originally. This is because I am from the North East side of America.

———Camponotus 1
As I was having a fire with a few close friends I spotted so many queens. I decided to grab a test tube after everyone left. This was also at 11:00 pm EST or 23:00 EST. I luckily found a queen on the side of my porch, which I caught. She was a Camponotus Pennsylvanicus.

——Camponotus 2
The next day I had another fire as I was grabbing wood I found another queen. Sadly, I believe because I was moving the fire wood. I believe that was the reason that two of her legs are broken. I have not given up hope on her. I could not identify her while she was injured. I have heard that insects can heal broken parts but they would be 66% efficient.

———Camponotus 3
As well as camponotus 2 I found her shortly after. I was glad to see this one was not injured. She is also a Camponotus Pennsylanicus.
has she recovered?