Forelius Clan

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

Hawkeye

Re: Forelius Clan

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:41 pm

JustABitAntsy wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm
ArizonanAnts wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:16 pm
We are just kidding about this right??
I think so lol aren't we just gonna joke around saying our ants fight right? :lol:
Well seeing as even meeting up is a geological challenge... yeah just messing around

ArizonanAnts

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:41 pm
JustABitAntsy wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm
ArizonanAnts wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:16 pm
We are just kidding about this right??
I think so lol aren't we just gonna joke around saying our ants fight right? :lol:
Well seeing as even meeting up is a geological challenge... yeah just messing around
True. Okay just wanted to make sure this wasn't going to get out of hand in the sense of trash-talking each other. So all of us are good right???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Keeper of

Nothing right now :cry:

Hawkeye

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:51 am

All good, was just teasing. Having some harmless fun in between all the updates and serious questions.

ArizonanAnts

Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Guess what! Right this second I am watching my ants tugging at a pupa so that it can come alive. This is SO awesome!!
Keeper of

Hawkeye

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:28 am

ArizonanAnts wrote:
Guess what! Right this second I am watching my ants tugging at a pupa so that it can come alive. This is SO awesome!!
Cool

JustABitAntsy

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 pm

ArizonanAnts wrote:
Fantastic!
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

ArizonanAnts

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Ant Update:

Forelia: I haven't checked on her for a while because I would give her pupae some time to develop.

Dorymyrmex Queen: I gave them some sugar water and 2 cricket legs. I haven't seen them out at all but it seems like they are eating because they not dead yet. I think I peeked in on them like 5 minutes after the queen laid eggs. I think this because about 2 hours before she looked very plump and with 2 different clutches of eggs. I then looked at them and she was giving attention to her gaster and there was a third clutch of eggs!

I am super happy about these two colonies. The Dorymyrmex one is the one that I hope to sell on the GAN Project. If that goes well then I will go ant hunting next season and get a whole bunch of queens of different species.

P.S. JustABitAntsy, how are your queens doing?

-ArizonanAnts
Keeper of

JustABitAntsy

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:45 pm

ArizonanAnts wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:15 pm
Ant Update:

Forelia: I haven't checked on her for a while because I would give her pupae some time to develop.

Dorymyrmex Queen: I gave them some sugar water and 2 cricket legs. I haven't seen them out at all but it seems like they are eating because they not dead yet. I think I peeked in on them like 5 minutes after the queen laid eggs. I think this because about 2 hours before she looked very plump and with 2 different clutches of eggs. I then looked at them and she was giving attention to her gaster and there was a third clutch of eggs!

I am super happy about these two colonies. The Dorymyrmex one is the one that I hope to sell on the GAN Project. If that goes well then I will go ant hunting next season and get a whole bunch of queens of different species.

P.S. JustABitAntsy, how are your queens doing?

-ArizonanAnts
one died :( :( :( :( :( :( but the bday one is still alive do I need to give it food? it is a lasius claviger aka social parasite next year if I catch a lasius queen I will try to see if the claviger will succeed in becoming the new queen and I will record so if it works I will keep the recording if it fails no point in watching so delete I also hope to next year catch my dream colonies which are a campanotus pennsylvannicus forelius pruinosus and maybe also a lasius aside from the lasius claviger colony id like
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

ArizonanAnts

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:49 pm

Sorry to hear about the queen. Let's give her a moment of silence.. :( ...... :( .....

Well, I'm glad that the other one is doing well. I don't think she needs food but if you want to try, give her one cricket leg and see if she eats it. If you see she isn't giving the leg attention then throw it out immediately before it molds.
Keeper of

ArizonanAnts

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:37 am

Ant Update:

Forelia now has 10 workers! It looks like there are 3 more on the way. I have concluded that my ants love cricket legs. I'm gonna check on them again next Friday to see how many there are then. I'll keep you updated!
Keeper of