Forelius Clan

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

ArizonanAnts

Re: Forelius Clan

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:54 am

I actually just left them under my bed without food for like 2 weeks and I randomly checked and she had a new clutch. I put some agave nectar and a piece of Arby's ham and see how they progress from there. I think one of the reasons that they were suffering is because I kept checking in on them too often. I guess that looking at them to often can stress them out.

Thanks for the concern,

ArizonanAnts
Keeper of

Nothing right now :cry:

CabboAntsGuy

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:58 am

Sorry to hear your colony isn't doing well Arizona. My main colony has been acting weird too. They have been rather sluggish, but i've given them protein and honey(as well as honey-water) so I don't know what's wrong. I think some of the workers are drawing near to their end, but I hope there are some new ones before that. so far there are 9 workers that were all alive last year. I hope they are ok.

-Cabbo
Keep:
3 camponotus pennsylvanicus
2 formica subsericea
The Camponotus Crew! https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15267
Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

ArizonanAnts

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Update:

Azucar Forelia has laid a clutch of eggs. There are sadly 2 workers still alive but I think they are going to do fine. It is starting to get hotter here and I think that will be great for the colony.

If anyone has questions feel free to post it here :)

ArizonanAnts
I think you guys can call me AZA :)
Keeper of

JustABitAntsy

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:16 pm

ArizonanAnts wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:59 pm
Update:

Azucar Forelia has laid a clutch of eggs. There are sadly 2 workers still alive but I think they are going to do fine. It is starting to get hotter here and I think that will be great for the colony.

If anyone has questions feel free to post it here :)

ArizonanAnts
I think you guys can call me AZA :)
had no luck so far in catching a queen corona has been making it hard did find a prenolipsis but sadly she wasnt caught because i forgot my snap capsule :cry:
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

CabboAntsGuy

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:22 pm

sorry bro. I try to carry one with me a lot, but I know that there's gonna be a day when I forget it.
Keep:
3 camponotus pennsylvanicus
2 formica subsericea
The Camponotus Crew! https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15267
Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

ArizonanAnts

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:42 pm

New Update!

On Sunday it was windy and it looked like it was going to rain. I was taking a stroll around my neighborhood and saw this massive line about 2 inches wide of Forelius Pruinosis! They were moving the whole colony to a safe location. To my surprise I saw about 30, maybe 40 queens just strolling around. I decided to capture 3 of them along with 5 workers. Right now they have laid about 20 eggs and only 2 workers are still alive :( It is starting to get cold here and I hope I can keep them warm enough. Thank you all!

Stay safe, wear a mask!

To defeat, stay 6 feet (away :))

ArizonanAnts
Keeper of

AntsNW

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:38 am

ArizonanAnts wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:39 pm
Hello! Forelia Update:

I have put some heat next to their tube and they started moving brood right next to the heat and then all of a sudden the queen is right next to the heat too. I am expecting another 4 to 7 workers in the next month or so, especially after the great protein source I gave them. They have been a little slow the last couple of days. I think they are starting to go into hibernation.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully, soon I'll have some more news. I really hope that all your colonies (or soon to happen; JustABitAntsy) are doing fine and have been established well!

-ArizonanAnts
Hi!
I would LOVE to join the Forelius Clan! -- I don't OWN any, but I think this is a VERY interesting thread!
What protein sources are all of you using? I am fine with feeder insects, but I'm not allowed! (something about creepy crawlies, blah, blah.)
Is there any protein source that your ants seem to love that isn't insects?
Thanks!
--AntsNW
Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus-- 1 queen, 8 workers
Lasius Niger queen

ArizonanAnts

Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:54 pm

Of course, you can join! Anyone is welcome :)

I have tried some small pieces of ham and they seem to like it. Whenever my stepmom cooks chicken, she usually gives me a small piece and they also seem to enjoy. Head over to the Camponotus Crew (A little more active than this one) and you can ask there. They are very helpful!
Keeper of

AntsNW

Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:56 pm

ArizonanAnts wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:54 pm
Of course, you can join! Anyone is welcome :)

I have tried some small pieces of ham and they seem to like it. Whenever my stepmom cooks chicken, she usually gives me a small piece and they also seem to enjoy. Head over to the Camponotus Crew (A little more active than this one) and you can ask there. They are very helpful!
Thank you!
will do.
Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus-- 1 queen, 8 workers
Lasius Niger queen

ArizonanAnts

Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:29 pm

Great news everyone! For so long I have been wanting a solenopsis species. About 2 or 3 weeks ago I catch one with wings but her gaster is ginormous :o . I checked on her last week she took her wings off and I was so happy. She hadn't laid any eggs though. I check on her today and she has eggs :D :D :D .

I also am keeping a minimorium minimum. She has lots of larvae :D :D .

I will keep you posted!

-ArizonanAnts

Stay safe, wear a mask.
Keeper of