100 Queens and the B an't one!

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

Solenopsisace

Re: 100 Queens and the B an't one!

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Heck my lil 10 gallon tank is already divided into three outworlds 4 three different colonys.and out of pickle jars cause the others :D

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Ok so yea look at it from my side...... 100+ queens, say 25 die or don't produce thats still like 75 queens with nantics at some point! :?
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Solenopsisace

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Exactly. That's what I'm saying if I'm having this much trouble imagine what you are going to go through. Is Jar Jar Binks would say usea in big doo doo lol.

Solenopsisace

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Hell naw. I just noticed that it blocked the word period on my last post :lol:

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:27 pm

Solenopsisace wrote:Hell naw. I just noticed that it blocked the word period on my last post :lol:
Naw I did. We have everyone on here including kids. I know it's a simple thing and I hate to do it but I have to keep it tame in here. :?
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

Solenopsisace

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:15 am

My bad,i understand.when i do my youtube videos i forget to realize kids watch it. Being in construction world most my life and having time in the army i say a lot of bad words/comments an dont even realize it :D

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:17 pm

I I understand, Ex-Navy, and the construction "Fields" also.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:27 pm

So I did my usual peek and out of the 100+ Queens there were 12 dead ones. 9 in single test tubes and 3 more(one each) in the multi queen test tubes I'm trying out. So far so good! Hell I even noticed a few of the clutches of eggs contained at least one or more pupa already and it's only been 3 weeks.

I took a shot of the dead ones, notice the leftmost tube, it has eggs in it so I'm guessing queen died this week at some point. Man I'm going to have Solenopsis queens and workers comming out the wazoo! Guess I will Be joining the GAN Project as a Solenopsis Invicta Farmer for Alabama. 90+ Queens!

MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

Intoxicated

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:55 am

You guys are so lucky, i would love to have one of those queens but i live in sweden :(
Have to settle for boring lasius niger :(
Keeper of:
Formica fusca
Lasius niger
Camponotus herculeanus
Lasius flavus
Messor barbarus
Myrmica rubra

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:15 am

Update:

Ok so after finding the 4 Queens in the tupperware container had nantics already I thought I would check on those queens in the box. Lost about 6 more but that really didn't matter. Know why? Because over 3/4 of the otehr have between 2 and 20 nantics each!!!!!!!!

I was like holy hell! Guess I had better get my back side in gear and get my GAN account set up! At this point I have 15 queens that I could let go right now beings they have 5 or more nantics each. Went ahead and gave them all their first meal (sugar water), man they took to it like........ Ants to sugar water? LOL Heck even the queens were wandering over and drinking it also.

Oh well time to go post some pics of the other two queens I have that are not Solenopsis.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin