Parasitic Lasius Queen Journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

AnAntNoob

Parasitic Lasius Queen Journal

Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:32 pm

I found my first queen a week or so ago, i got her identified. Now i didnt know how to get pupae after knocking down a few bricks i found some after separating the pupae i put them in the tube. Eagerly awaiting ninantics. Will give updates. Feel free to suggest names for the queen and a name for the colony.
Currently founding:
Parasitic laisus

Waiting for Trachymyrmex septentrionalis, Prenolepis imparis, and Lasius aphidicola.

ClashOwenBash

Re: Parasitic Lasius Queen Journal

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:21 am

AnAntNoob wrote:
I found my first queen a week or so ago, i got her identified. Now i didnt know how to get pupae after knocking down a few bricks i found some after separating the pupae i put them in the tube. Eagerly awaiting ninantics. Will give updates. Feel free to suggest names for the queen and a name for the colony.
I'm guessing it's a Laisus Umbratus queen???
Ant-keeper going into his 4th year of loving ants!

AntsDakota

Re: Parasitic Lasius Queen Journal

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:25 pm

AnAntNoob wrote:
Parasitic Lasius queens are incapable of caring for brood, including unwrapping pupae, meaning they will never hatch. You have to put adult workers in with her.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25