My queen ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: My queen ant journal

Thu May 25, 2023 8:09 pm

nice lil journal. Glad to see its still active
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

antperson24

Fri May 26, 2023 9:16 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:09 pm
nice lil journal. Glad to see its still active
Not exactly "lil" anymore! :lol:
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN

SYUTEO

Sat May 27, 2023 8:58 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:37 pm
21 May 2023
HAPPY TWO YEARS ANNIVERSARY!!
Two years ago i got the queen and today she's gotten a big colony. I think i will feed them just some honey or maybe a boiled egg as they aren't really interested in eating. Also im getting owned by real life and am ill again so can't do much to celebrate it :(
Congrats on your colony's two year anniversary! Get well soon. Also I know I'm late for this I went to camp recently and didn't have internet and I almost lost my account when I came back today.

Antloverhuman

Sun May 28, 2023 11:50 am

SYUTEO wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:58 pm
Antloverhuman wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:37 pm
21 May 2023
HAPPY TWO YEARS ANNIVERSARY!!
Two years ago i got the queen and today she's gotten a big colony. I think i will feed them just some honey or maybe a boiled egg as they aren't really interested in eating. Also im getting owned by real life and am ill again so can't do much to celebrate it :(
Congrats on your colony's two year anniversary! Get well soon. Also I know I'm late for this I went to camp recently and didn't have internet and I almost lost my account when I came back today.
Lol that's a nice series of events that happened to you
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

Antloverhuman

Tue May 30, 2023 2:26 am

30 May 2023
Still at vacation but i caught a queen here lol. I had two small vials on me so i took some moist cotton, stuffed it at the closed end and put the queen inside and closed the lid which has small holes poked in. I won't do ID yet as there are small kids here who would probably kill the queen if i took it out. But from memory i think she looked like a tetramorium which is great since i wanted a tetra queen. She took her wings off instantly so she is mated. Its gonna get confusing soon with all the queens so i should start thinking of some names :lol:
Ants I have-

SYUTEO

Tue May 30, 2023 7:45 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
30 May 2023
Still at vacation but i caught a queen here lol. I had two small vials on me so i took some moist cotton, stuffed it at the closed end and put the queen inside and closed the lid which has small holes poked in. I won't do ID yet as there are small kids here who would probably kill the queen if i took it out. But from memory i think she looked like a tetramorium which is great since i wanted a tetra queen. She took her wings off instantly so she is mated. Its gonna get confusing soon with all the queens so i should start thinking of some names :lol:
I hope you're prepared, because almost all tropical and subtropical Tetramorium are semi-claustral. If she looks like a fully-claustral queen, chances are she isn't Tetramorium.

Antloverhuman

Wed May 31, 2023 6:42 am

SYUTEO wrote:
Antloverhuman wrote:
30 May 2023
I hope you're prepared, because almost all tropical and subtropical Tetramorium are semi-claustral. If she looks like a fully-claustral queen, chances are she isn't Tetramorium.
Aw crap i can't feed her here anything. We'll return back on Tuesday so only then i will be able to feed her. Cuz now that you've said it, her thorax doesn't really look that large so she could be semi claustral
Ants I have-

SYUTEO

Wed May 31, 2023 7:33 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:42 am
SYUTEO wrote:
Antloverhuman wrote:
30 May 2023
Aw crap i can't feed her here anything. We'll return back on Tuesday so only then i will be able to feed her. Cuz now that you've said it, her thorax doesn't really look that large so she could be semi claustral
Do you have pictures? You can feed her anything, even a crystal of sugar can work.

Antloverhuman

Wed May 31, 2023 11:12 am

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qicbvMTvKtkKiUuT7
These are the best i can do right now. I know these are trash but she has laid a small batch of eggs. I gave her a slapped mosquito and will probably rehydrate the cotton (or rather add another wet cotton) day after tomorrow. Now i hope she survives the 15 hours long train trip back home :?

Imma make her another journal so new people here don't get their mind exploded by confusion
Ants I have-

SYUTEO

Wed May 31, 2023 8:44 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:12 am
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qicbvMTvKtkKiUuT7
These are the best i can do right now. I know these are trash but she has laid a small batch of eggs. I gave her a slapped mosquito and will probably rehydrate the cotton (or rather add another wet cotton) day after tomorrow. Now i hope she survives the 15 hours long train trip back home :?

Imma make her another journal so new people here don't get their mind exploded by confusion
From this angle she looks like Crematogaster. She is a subfamily Myrmicinae ant for sure tho and I can also confirm she is fully-cluastral.