My queen ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

RubyAntKeeper77

Re: My queen ant journal

Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:48 pm

Good luck on finals.

People think I am weird because of my hoppy if ants.
Why don’t more people like ants?
Is anyone from Wyoming who wants to sell ants?

You can email me about ants at Tucker.reynolds13@gmail.com

Antloverhuman

Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:51 am

RubyAntKeeper77 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:48 pm
Good luck on finals.

People think I am weird because of my hoppy if ants.
You don't need to worry about that. Obviously if you say you keep ants without any explanation or giving them details on what exactly is antkeeping, they would think its weird but after you explain it, they would think its cool. Atleast thats what happened to me

Also the exam went awesome 8-)
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

Antloverhuman

Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:06 am

The queen doesn't lay eggs aaaaaa
I haven't fed them much sugars and they don't come out to forage much either because they have huge repletes still but i frequently give them chicken and some mosquitos from my daily hunt. They take in the mosquito but dont do much with chicken. Buts its still march and i think that "technically" they should just be waking up from hibernation or something like that so the biological clock in the head of empress shadow is lacking behind
Ants I have-

SYUTEO

Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:05 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:06 am
The queen doesn't lay eggs aaaaaa
I haven't fed them much sugars and they don't come out to forage much either because they have huge repletes still but i frequently give them chicken and some mosquitos from my daily hunt. They take in the mosquito but dont do much with chicken. Buts its still march and i think that "technically" they should just be waking up from hibernation or something like that so the biological clock in the head of empress shadow is lacking behind
Maybe your ants are like some people, when they wake up they hesitate about getting out of their bed.

Antloverhuman

Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:53 pm

SYUTEO wrote:
Maybe your ants are like some people, when they wake up they hesitate about getting out of their bed.
Bruhhhhh how is it that the first ever queen ant i caught not only did manage to make a great colony but also the weirdest colony known to man

I guess i wont feed them for a week and see if they yell at me
Ants I have-

SYUTEO

Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:42 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
SYUTEO wrote:
Bruhhhhh how is it that the first ever queen ant i caught not only did manage to make a great colony but also the weirdest colony known to man

Different colonies can have different behaviours, mine included. For example my old old trap jaw ant colony don't like to eat the same thing twice in a row but my currrent colony won't do that. My late Monomorium colony hates moving. And my old Polyrhachis queen lays a lot of eggs but keeps eating them but my current one laid 5 eggs and actually raised them, fingers crossed it's a worker or else all that waiting is a waste.

Antloverhuman

Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:41 am

SYUTEO wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:42 am
Antloverhuman wrote:
SYUTEO wrote:

Different colonies can have different behaviours, mine included. For example my old old trap jaw ant colony don't like to eat the same thing twice in a row but my currrent colony won't do that. My late Monomorium colony hates moving. And my old Polyrhachis queen lays a lot of eggs but keeps eating them but my current one laid 5 eggs and actually raised them, fingers crossed it's a worker or else all that waiting is a waste.
Very interesting
Its amazing how so much personality can be seen in creatures like ants. And not one ant, but the entire colony can have a collective behaviour, sometimes much like other animals. It can be annoying or desirable and these are the kind of things you never realise if you don't pay close attention to it or try to experience it.
This is definitely a huge win for antkeeping as a hobby.
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 am

I tried to do something but failed so ignore
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:34 am

2 April 2023
Queen still hasn't laid any eggs. I have been feeding them only mosquitos i killed and they do eat it and i frequently see one or two workers foraging at night. It has been raining frequently for a few days so i tried to use my blue led lights to hopefully catch some queens but i didnt even get any other insects. I don't think there will be ants flying until next month
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:25 am

7 April 2023
I gave them hard-boiled eggs and they broke it but didn't take it in the nest. I lost patience and gave them tiny bit of honey to see if they eat that or ignore it
Ants I have-