A day as jimmy's ant

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

RAGEOWL
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: A day as jimmy's ant

Post: # 38289Post RAGEOWL
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:58 pm

I found another queen!!! This one looks different all the other ones I found have a black body this one has a red body...I'll need help identifying this one :)
1 homo sapiens colony 1 queen 1 king 1 baby born 5/30/18
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/18/18)
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen (found 6/19/18) (eggs 6/23/18)

RAGEOWL
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: A day as jimmy's ant

Post: # 38290Post RAGEOWL
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Now I don't know what kind of ants I have...it's kinda red where there legs meet there body's some are more define then others...if your reading this and can help identify these ants it would be greatly appreciated...like I said red legs and it also looks like there body is red or at least red where the legs meet the body, with black head and butt (sorry I don't know the scientific lingo).
1 homo sapiens colony 1 queen 1 king 1 baby born 5/30/18
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/18/18)
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen (found 6/19/18) (eggs 6/23/18)

User avatar
idahoantgirl
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: A day as jimmy's ant

Post: # 38320Post idahoantgirl
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 pm

RAGEOWL wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:08 pm
Now I don't know what kind of ants I have...it's kinda red where there legs meet there body's some are more define then others...if your reading this and can help identify these ants it would be greatly appreciated...like I said red legs and it also looks like there body is red or at least red where the legs meet the body, with black head and butt (sorry I don't know the scientific lingo).
sounds like a camponotus Novaboracensis ant. (that was awful spelling but if you copy and paste into google it will correct :lol: .
But there is really no way to identify without pics and measurements.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

RAGEOWL
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: A day as jimmy's ant

Post: # 38370Post RAGEOWL
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:20 am

I tried to post pics of them on photo bucket but I think there trying to charge me I thought photobucket was free...long story short I think I have 2 species both the size of a penny first species is all black with red legs the second species has red legs and body with black head and butt....I know there camponotus
1 homo sapiens colony 1 queen 1 king 1 baby born 5/30/18
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/18/18)
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen (found 6/19/18) (eggs 6/23/18)

RAGEOWL
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: A day as jimmy's ant

Post: # 38717Post RAGEOWL
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:47 pm

I'm pretty sure the cheap ant nest I bought from wish killed my queen....it wasn't the gel cuz I cleaned that out...I noticed the water feeding area was leaking into the nesting area that's probably why she abandoned the nest and just hung around the out world....sad day...well good thing I found 4 more queens! There all in test tube setups and one of them already laid eggs!!!
1 homo sapiens colony 1 queen 1 king 1 baby born 5/30/18
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/18/18)
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen (found 6/19/18) (eggs 6/23/18)

RAGEOWL
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: A day as jimmy's ant

Post: # 38729Post RAGEOWL
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Pretty sure I found two more queens but these arnt large ants these are small black ants I think there the little sugar ants...I'm pretty sure there queens one has wings and the other looks like it just lost there's.
I'm super excited I was really hoping to find little ants :)

Since I had a bad experience with that cheap ant farm I will spend the money and get a good nest for my camponotus I already have one picked out :) now I need to identify these little ones and shop for a habitat for them as well :)
1 homo sapiens colony 1 queen 1 king 1 baby born 5/30/18
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/18/18)
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen (found 6/19/18) (eggs 6/23/18)

RAGEOWL
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: A day as jimmy's ant

Post: # 38730Post RAGEOWL
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:51 pm

idahoantgirl wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 pm
RAGEOWL wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:08 pm
Now I don't know what kind of ants I have...it's kinda red where there legs meet there body's some are more define then others...if your reading this and can help identify these ants it would be greatly appreciated...like I said red legs and it also looks like there body is red or at least red where the legs meet the body, with black head and butt (sorry I don't know the scientific lingo).
sounds like a camponotus Novaboracensis ant. (that was awful spelling but if you copy and paste into google it will correct :lol: .
But there is really no way to identify without pics and measurements.
Thank you very much I'm positive that's what these are :)
1 homo sapiens colony 1 queen 1 king 1 baby born 5/30/18
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/18/18)
1 c. Modoc queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen ( found 6/19/18)
1 c. Noveboracensis queen (found 6/19/18) (eggs 6/23/18)

User avatar
antnest8
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:11 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: A day as jimmy's ant

Post: # 39302Post antnest8
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:36 pm

RAGEOWL wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:20 am
I tried to post pics of them on photo bucket but I think there trying to charge me I thought photobucket was free...long story short I think I have 2 species both the size of a penny first species is all black with red legs the second species has red legs and body with black head and butt....I know there camponotus
use imigur or flickr
keeper of
3 tetremorium queens
2 C. pennsylvanicus
1 C novaeboracensis
1 tapinoma sessile colony
!!And A CREMATOGASTER QUEEN!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests