My queen ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

RubyAntKeeper77

Re: My queen ant journal

Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:51 pm

Please make your own topic.
Why don’t more people like ants?
Is anyone from Wyoming who wants to sell ants?

You can email me about ants at Tucker.reynolds13@gmail.com

Antloverhuman

Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:42 am

23 September 2023
Thought i should give another small update since i barely log on here exams have ended so i have a bit more free time now. It looks like another major is dying. There are now alot of ants always in the outworld and i have been feeding them more. I think they will pass this year without needing any nest expansions because its now getting closer to their hibernation time and they won't grow that much in that short time
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

Antloverhuman

Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:12 am

6 November 2023
Decided to randomly revive my presence just for this moment of time. Now i only have one colony which should be in hibernation but the temperature here is still rather warm so i think they are a little active. Remember ages ago when i had the "should i become a teacher or an engineer?" thing on my signature and a few people told me to do engineering? Apparently if you're an indian studying for engineering exams, it means you can't have time to do anything else except study. That's why sometimes i will literally forget to feed the ants for like a month :lol: good thing they have repletes and a water tt so they dont all die
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:45 pm

The only reason I'm making this is because this is the 77777th post of the forum lets gooooo
Ants I have-

antperson24

Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:50 am

Cool! :lol:
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN

Antloverhuman

Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:04 am

1 January 2024
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
I hope you all have a great year and catch a bunch of queens and have alot of colonies :D
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:12 am

23 February 2024
I cleaned their outworld because alot of mold had sprung. Alot of ants died so far and i think all the majors are dead. This happens every winter and their population decreases a ton. Well i have some honey in the outworld and water test tube is always there so they don't lack anything
I'm also in the middle of my 11th finals and i can tell that chemistry exam will destroy me :?
Ants I have-

SYUTEO

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:36 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:12 am
23 February 2024
I cleaned their outworld because alot of mold had sprung. Alot of ants died so far and i think all the majors are dead. This happens every winter and their population decreases a ton. Well i have some honey in the outworld and water test tube is always there so they don't lack anything
I'm also in the middle of my 11th finals and i can tell that chemistry exam will destroy me :?
Hopefully your colony recovers from that loss, also you should see alates in your colony this year or next year so prepare for that.

Good luck in exams, I'm starting a new class by the end of my school holiday which is kinda worrying me cuz idk who my teachers will be and which class I'm going to.

Antloverhuman

Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:38 am

SYUTEO wrote:

Hopefully your colony recovers from that loss, also you should see alates in your colony this year or next year so prepare for that.
Yeah since this will be their 3rd year so I think their population will boom alot in summer
SYUTEO wrote:
Good luck in exams, I'm starting a new class by the end of my school holiday which is kinda worrying me cuz idk who my teachers will be and which class I'm going to.
I think what's more important is that you get some of your friends from previous years in your class so you can sit with them in the early days while you get to know your teachers and other classmates. If you're unlucky enough to not get a single friend (which happened to me :/ ) you're kinda doomed if you can't make new friends fast because then you won't have many people to help you during the starting days which are the most rough.
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am

29 March 2024
They are now awake from their hibernation. I've been feeding them mosquitos and honey so far. I have thought that i can use those small ice cream cups and fill them with soil and plant some things that can have mealybugs or aphids to feed them so hopefully i dont have to do alot of feeding
I have also realised that if i go to college next year then i will not be able to keep them anymore which means this is probably my last year keeping them :(
I might give them to a friend or release them but i dont need to worry about it right now
Ants I have-