Help??!!

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

katdaily710

Help??!!

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 pm

We seem to be having a cockroach issue again, and my mother is insisting we have the bug guy come and spray his bug killer around the inside of the house.

Is there any way I can protect my ants??? D:

Wrap the nest in a bunch of towels and nestle them inside of a bin or something?

katdaily710

Re: Help??!!

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:24 pm

Update: I convinced her to tell him not to do my room but I'm still worried;
Tips would be appreciated!!

bluefrogwithredhands

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:59 pm

Do you have the option of taking them outside? Maybe let a friend look after them for you in the meantime?

katdaily710

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:20 am

bluefrogwithredhands wrote:Do you have the option of taking them outside? Maybe let a friend look after them for you in the meantime?
I don't have any friends here, and I'm not sure what you mean take them outside. I don't want to leave the nest outside and I can't even just bring it to the garage because he does the garage too.

I might just have to wrap them up snugly in towels and put them in a bin for a couple days while it dissipates. ;^;

GriffinAnt

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:17 am

i think roach spray will be heaver than air , so wrap them up and put them up high maybe on top of wardrobgh etc then spray wont reach them.. we dont have such problems here in the uk so thats as far as my thinking takes me.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 am

katdaily710 wrote:
bluefrogwithredhands wrote:Do you have the option of taking them outside? Maybe let a friend look after them for you in the meantime?
I don't have any friends here, and I'm not sure what you mean take them outside. I don't want to leave the nest outside and I can't even just bring it to the garage because he does the garage too.

I might just have to wrap them up snugly in towels and put them in a bin for a couple days while it dissipates. ;^;
Not being nosy but hot old are you? The reason I ask is do you have a car? You could put them in your car for a day (as long as it didn't get too hot) while they are spraying. Also the towel or even a large garbage bag (put them in it the use like a hair dryer on no heat to inflate it like a balloon) tied off will give them air for a few days (they don't use a lot of air and the bag would hold a lot) while the place is sprayed end the chemicals settle. Just make sure that what ever method you choose that where they usually set, that you compleatly wipe it down and remove the spray compleatly so that you don't get it into the nest.

Just some thoughts, good luck!!!
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

katdaily710

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:08 pm

MadVampy wrote:
Not being nosy but hot old are you? The reason I ask is do you have a car? You could put them in your car for a day (as long as it didn't get too hot) while they are spraying. Also the towel or even a large garbage bag (put them in it the use like a hair dryer on no heat to inflate it like a balloon) tied off will give them air for a few days (they don't use a lot of air and the bag would hold a lot) while the place is sprayed end the chemicals settle. Just make sure that what ever method you choose that where they usually set, that you compleatly wipe it down and remove the spray compleatly so that you don't get it into the nest.

Just some thoughts, good luck!!!
I'm 21, and I do have a car. Also yes I'm 21 and I still live with my mother while I'm in school.

It's still hot as hell here in Florida though, so I'll probably use the towel in an inflated garbage bag in a bin up high in my closet.

They usually sit comfortably in one of my night stand drawers, so they can be dark and away from noise. Like I said he won't spray my room directly, but, I'm still a bit worried.

Thank you for the tips guys c: