What shall I do with my queen ants?

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntsLuxembourg

Re: What shall I do with my queen ants?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:36 am

idahoantgirl wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:08 am
Ummmm.... they are just ants..... and anyways do you know how hard it is to drown an ant? Its not wrong to put some ants out of their misery, and you can't expect people to go out of their way to collect and dump a bunch of ants somewhere.
I know they are just ants but I still value life. That's the same as if Trump or Putin or Merkel or the Queen or Kim Jong Un just went to you, killed your whole family and said: "Oh it's just a family I don't know. So what should I care. It's just another family." You would be pissed since they had taking your family. I know ants perhaps don't care about this since it's live but you would still not want your whole family dead or your pets.

So start viewing things not only from above as if they are worthless. Every life got it's value. Even if it's just used to feed others like pigs and cows for slaughter.

Just think about it. I value most lifes and I would be very sad if someone was just like "**** it. They are not related to me or anything so I just get ride of them." Try to think about what you want to say before you write or say it.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

Hunter36o

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 am

Sorry Idaho but I am with Luxemburg on this one. To say its just an ant is the exact same as saying its just a dog or just a human ect.

I do not expect every human to go out of their way to help the ants. We sadly do not live in a perfect world. But you have to consider what site you are on at the moment (here is all pro ant life here) and we here make it a mission to avoid killing of ants.

That said. The massmurder of future generations is not cool. 20 ant queens left together is also not cool and is simply Lux's point. It does not hurt to go above and beyond for ants. Good karma is always a plus!! :)
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

AntsLuxembourg

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Hunter36o wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 am
Sorry Idaho but I am with Luxemburg on this one. To say its just an ant is the exact same as saying its just a dog or just a human ect.

I do not expect every human to go out of their way to help the ants. We sadly do not live in a perfect world. But you have to consider what site you are on at the moment (here is all pro ant life here) and we here make it a mission to avoid killing of ants.

That said. The massmurder of future generations is not cool. 20 ant queens left together is also not cool and is simply Lux's point. It does not hurt to go above and beyond for ants. Good karma is always a plus!! :)
Thanks Hunter36o. I wouldn't mind it so much if you had at least feed them to some animal who feeds on the queens but just drowning them? That's quite pointless in total. :C
By feeding them you could at least say it was to keep another one alive. At least try not to massmurder them anymore but catch them and give them to the fish or lizards or whatever. :/
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.