[Urgency] Shipping ants from England to Spain

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Firecatto21

[Urgency] Shipping ants from England to Spain

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:17 pm

I want to ship some ants (a small 5 workers myrmica rubra colony) to Spain.
Will they be held back in customs, I have checked the list for species not allowed and this one is allowed.
And what is the best postal service that will gurantee that my ants don't stress out due to disturbance?
Keeper of:
-Messor Barbarus x2
-Messor capitatus
-Camponotus Herculeanus
-Temnothorax
-Monomorium sp.
-Plagiolepis
-Messor barbarus unmated princess

AntsLuxembourg

Re: [Urgency] Shipping ants from England to Spain

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:13 am

First I would recommend that he gets the ants personally. Second I am sure that the company will only put a sticker on it which says something like fragil or live creatures/insects/animals inside and they delivery guy will still be not ashamed to just throw the box arround as he pleases. Had a delivery with a massiv Fragile/glas inside on it and it just arrived as if someone had made a massaker on the box. Taped together with their GLS tape and everything. Luckily it only contained stuff which actually can't break but still quite bad for that guy to just don't care for the package. >:C

Anyway. He should try to get it from a local farmer there instead of you having to ship the colony all over to spain. I know I have to talk since I got my Messor Barbarus ants first by accident not knowing that they were included in the shipped item and then I had another one shipped because the first queen had died 2-3 weeks later.

So he should m,uch rather get an ant from a local antstore in spain like Anthouse.es which actually offers the queens for free.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.