Ants Don't Want to Move

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Post Reply
User avatar
SamuelMamuel
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Ants Don't Want to Move

Post: # 37927Post SamuelMamuel
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:21 pm

I have a 50 and tetramorium colony and they are currently in a test tube in an outworld connected to an Omninest. I recently looked in their test tube and found that it was very dirty and perhaps on the edge of mood growing. So I uncovered the testtube, however, that ants refuse to move and are just sitting in the lightened tube. I would think that 50 ants would be large enough for them to move. Any suggestions?
Colonies:
--Tetramorium
--More This Summer

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 3111
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Ants Don't Want to Move

Post: # 37930Post Batspiderfish
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Let them take their time.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

User avatar
SamuelMamuel
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Ants Don't Want to Move

Post: # 38044Post SamuelMamuel
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:06 pm
Let them take their time.
How long should I wait until I start to worry? I don't know how long I can wait. Their test tube looks really bad
Colonies:
--Tetramorium
--More This Summer

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 3111
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Ants Don't Want to Move

Post: # 38047Post Batspiderfish
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Looks bad to you, but if it were harmful in any way to the ants, they would move to the cleaner space you've provided.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

User avatar
SamuelMamuel
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Ants Don't Want to Move

Post: # 38077Post SamuelMamuel
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:13 pm
Looks bad to you, but if it were harmful in any way to the ants, they would move to the cleaner space you've provided.
And if they're going to the bathroom in their tube?
Colonies:
--Tetramorium
--More This Summer

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 3111
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Ants Don't Want to Move

Post: # 38082Post Batspiderfish
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:06 pm

SamuelMamuel wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:43 pm
Batspiderfish wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:13 pm
Looks bad to you, but if it were harmful in any way to the ants, they would move to the cleaner space you've provided.
And if they're going to the bathroom in their tube?
They do that already. As long as they have access to a cleaner home, they will move when the old one becomes undesirable.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

User avatar
SamuelMamuel
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Ants Don't Want to Move

Post: # 38117Post SamuelMamuel
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:28 am

Batspiderfish wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:06 pm
SamuelMamuel wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:43 pm
Batspiderfish wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:13 pm
Looks bad to you, but if it were harmful in any way to the ants, they would move to the cleaner space you've provided.
And if they're going to the bathroom in their tube?
They do that already. As long as they have access to a cleaner home, they will move when the old one becomes undesirable.
And should I leave their tube uncovered? I feel like it may be adding unnecessary stress.
Colonies:
--Tetramorium
--More This Summer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests