Tetra Won't Leave Test Tube

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Cartil

Re: Tetra Won't Leave Test Tube

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Make sure you have them between 25 and 27 degrees C (minimum 20). If you want to put a drop of honey in the tube, which is not recommended due to the risk of bringing mold, put it on a piece of tin foil or something, so you can remove it easily later.

But even though I understand you want to do everything you can to help them, let them do their thing. They have been doing it for millions of years. They know what they do and what they need. If they need to get out, they will start attacking the cotton and you will see it. :)

SamuelMamuel

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:24 pm

I am now trying to move a camp colony, but once again, it's not working. They covered the straw with their trash, but I couldn't make the straw smaller or else the queen wouldn't be able to get through. Any suggestions?
Colonies:
--Tetramorium Caespitum
--Camponotus pennsylvanicus
--Formica Sp.

Cartil

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:56 pm

They will move out when they will need to. Let them decide what to do, is the best advice I could give you. If you force them to do something they are not ready to do, you might stress them or even kill the colony. There might be a reason why they don't want to move.