Moderator: ooper01

Aquaexploder

Re: Larvae on ceiling. Normal???

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:55 pm

Yestordsd287 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:50 pm
Aquaexploder wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:45 pm
Best case scenario: you may have accidentally turned the test tube 180 degrees when you picked her up which made the queen quickly run down to the bottom to level herself. This made it apear that she laid brood on the ceiling, and also might scatter the brood in the process (I accidentally do this a lot). Worst case scenario: If her eggs are truly as spread out as you say they are she may be infertile.
I have not touched the test tube. In fact i thought if i should turn it 180 degrees for her to get the brood... also im totally sure i didnt turn it because she has a small path of dirt on the floor of the test tube
I guess unfortunately then would be she is infertile, but still keep her! Their is always a chance that she's is fertile!
Founding:

Crematogaster (2X)

Lasius Neoniger (2X)

Yestordsd287

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Aquaexploder wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:55 pm
Yestordsd287 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:50 pm
Aquaexploder wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:45 pm
Best case scenario: you may have accidentally turned the test tube 180 degrees when you picked her up which made the queen quickly run down to the bottom to level herself. This made it apear that she laid brood on the ceiling, and also might scatter the brood in the process (I accidentally do this a lot). Worst case scenario: If her eggs are truly as spread out as you say they are she may be infertile.
I have not touched the test tube. In fact i thought if i should turn it 180 degrees for her to get the brood... also im totally sure i didnt turn it because she has a small path of dirt on the floor of the test tube
I guess unfortunately then would be she is infertile, but still keep her! Their is always a chance that she's is fertile!
But do infertile queens get larvae??? When i saw her grab the ones that were on the walls, the larvae moved. Also she only keeps the eggs in one pile.

Yestordsd287

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Could her outworld affect her? She has a dirt set up that i keep in a small container. She lives inside a test tube that has dark paper covering it. I put it near a window to get sunlinght and warmth, but i keep her at a good distance under the glass so she wont get cooked. The average temperature of where i live right now varies from 20 - 25 degrees celcius. Should i move her outworld to a dark and warm spot and feed her like 1 a week or should i keep it the way it is? Also the container usually has the lid off so i can observe whenever i want her roam the outworld. Also i have no air conditioning in my house.

Aquaexploder

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:53 am

Ok well than it sounds like you have a perfectly normal queen. But this still leaves the question why are her larvae are on the ceiling. My only explanation was what I said before so I'll wait for someone else more experienced to answer that question.
Founding:

Crematogaster (2X)

Lasius Neoniger (2X)

Yestordsd287

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 am

Aquaexploder wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:53 am
Ok well than it sounds like you have a perfectly normal queen. But this still leaves the question why are her larvae are on the ceiling. My only explanation was what I said before so I'll wait for someone else more experienced to answer that question.
I checked on her again later and the larvae changed places. It was hanging from a different spot.

jsantswag

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:02 am

she seems fine