Happy Solenopsis Queen

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntGuy

Happy Solenopsis Queen

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Solenopsis spp. queen with minors and brood. Loving their omni nest vertical: large setup.
Just some eye candy for you ant lovers out there!!
Took me a while to get a shot of the queen. She's very camera shy. Note distended abdomen, she's laying hundreds of eggs a day and brood pile is huge.

Enjoy, keep calm, and keep ants.

SpeciesK

Re: Happy Solenopsis Queen

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:10 pm

I can't tell what is the queen... but I am happy you found her and she is squirting out eggs for you.
OH WAIT!
OH MY GOD! SHE IS ENORMOUS!!!!

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:36 pm

For those that didn't see her. It was easy for me beings I have Solenopsis colonies.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

ANTmanSCoT

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:16 am

thats a lovely colony how many years have you been building it? im trying very hard to found my own colony but i got the stubborn queen lol i already have my formacarium and out world built and ready to go to house the colony when it expands just about to purchase a second colony with more workers just in case my queen doesnt make it if she does il be extatic im becoming a bit of an ant lover my dream colonies are fire ants and also leaf cutters far from that at the minit but loving the journey id love to get to the stage your at with a mature colony that just eat everything loved the pictures and OMG i didnt see the queen in the first picture until you circled her she is huge