Queen wiggling alot. Is it dying??

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

NewAntKeeper

Queen wiggling alot. Is it dying??

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:17 pm

Queen looks like she's doing the death dance that ants do while they're dying. She at first looked anxious by pacing around. Now she's got all 6 of her legs curled under herself and she wiggling around alot. Any way to help her out or is this the final countdown? I tried force feeding her sugar water and protein liquid. Not sure if it's helping.

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Queen wiggling alot. Is it dying??

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:54 pm

NewAntKeeper wrote:
Queen looks like she's doing the death dance that ants do while they're dying. She at first looked anxious by pacing around. Now she's got all 6 of her legs curled under herself and she wiggling around alot. Any way to help her out or is this the final countdown? I tried force feeding her sugar water and protein liquid. Not sure if it's helping.

Probably dying, not much you can do…
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

NewAntKeeper

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:52 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:54 pm
NewAntKeeper wrote:

Probably dying, not much you can do…
Blargh. She's still alive but continues to wiggle about. Been continuously giving her sugar water. Not sure if this is helping, or I'm just delaying the inevitable at this point :/

loveants1341

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:08 pm

i hope she makes it ! mine is hardly moving at all not sure what that is about as well but i really hope yours make it let us know