I need help with my Camponotus parius colony.

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: I need help with my Camponotus parius colony.

Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:36 pm

JaydenScheepers wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:24 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:01 am
JaydenScheepers wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:23 am

I'll keep out a close eye on them and what they do with it. It should be a lot easier for me to show better pictures of them in the future, because I intend to buy them s nice nest and out world from Wakooshi, the current out world is small and the flueon makes it a bit hard to see inside.

I will also make a journal as soon as I figure out how to post pictures directly here, I'm sick of having to link my pictures and only do it if I really need to.
If you are on a computer this will help, and will still help if you are on mobile

https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15092&p=93629#p93629
This I have figured out a while ago(And by "I figuring it out" I mean you already sent me this before witch was a massive help so thanks btw, and also another thanks for sending it again trying to help), that's by obtaining the URL from google. I want to get the URL from images in my gallery, however I don't know how to do that. I now understand that just in the gallery it doesn't have a URL link, a URL gets created by posting it somewhere in the internet as I understand. But if I post it on some place like imgur and I copy it, the link will be the photo located in imgur if that makes sense, not the URL.
Ohh

Upload to imagur and do same steps
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

JaydenScheepers

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:02 am

Hello, sorry for the inactivity. The main reason I've been inactive is because I don't like having to post the link of my photos. I want to do it in a way so you guys can see it directly on my posts. But I decided it's LONG over due for an update, so here is an update on my C. parius colony, (shameless plug, if you guys want to see weekly updates on my ants in video form, then here's my new YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC_Iyck8pIdjodQRlDiK4ODQ).
Let us move on to the update, shall we?

So much has changed since I last updated the colony, last time they only had a maximum of 2 majors. Well, now I count a whopping 12 majors, and 2 media workers. Overall I estimate about 120 ants currently (my estimates are pretty accurate as I try to individually count the ants as best I can), however the brood right now looks pretty small and it's mostly pupae right now, so I think the queen is in a break currently, honestly she deserves it she's worked hard to create this work force.

I moved them into a new nest, however they still have the same out world, but I plan on creating a better one and replacing it as soon as I can. However I've learnt from creating the new nest that I should take my time at designing and creating the out world.

I finally have dubia roches so I treat my ants with those every now and then, going a bit of topic here for a second, I am actually going to consistently give my Odontomachus sp. colony roach nymths, to encourage them to not use their larvae as live stock. Literally, they fatten up the larvae nicely only to make a nice meal out of it, it still is just the nanitic and queen. So I don't think they like the mealworms much, so hopefully this roach treatment will get them to expand the colony, and we need to get the queen away from the brood and get enough workers for them to take on babysitting duty ASAP!!

But yeah I think that is all for my Camponotus update, until next time. Good-bye for now.
Keeping:

• Cataulacus granulatus x2
• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

SolenopsisKeeper

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:53 pm

JaydenScheepers wrote:
Hello, sorry for the inactivity. The main reason I've been inactive is because I don't like having to post the link of my photos. I want to do it in a way so you guys can see it directly on my posts. But I decided it's LONG over due for an update, so here is an update on my C. parius colony, (shameless plug, if you guys want to see weekly updates on my ants in video form, then here's my new YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC_Iyck8pIdjodQRlDiK4ODQ).

So much has changed since I last updated the colony, last time they only had a maximum of 2 majors. Well, now I count a whopping 12 majors, and 2 media workers. Overall I estimate about 120 ants currently (my estimates are pretty accurate as I try to individually count the ants as best I can), however the brood right now looks pretty small and it's mostly pupae right now, so I think the queen is in a break currently, honestly she deserves it she's worked hard to create this work force.

I moved them into a new nest, however they still have the same out world, but I plan on creating a better one and replacing it as soon as I can. However I've learnt from creating the new nest that I should take my time at designing and creating the out world.

I finally have dubia roches so I treat my ants with those every now and then, going a bit of topic here for a second, I am actually going to consistently give my Odontomachus sp. colony roach nymths, to encourage them to not use their larvae as live stock. Literally, they fatten up the larvae nicely only to make a nice meal out of it, it still is just the nanitic and queen. So I don't think they like the mealworms much, so hopefully this roach treatment will get them to expand the colony, and we need to get the queen away from the brood and get enough workers for them to take on babysitting duty ASAP!!

But yeah I think that is all for my Camponotus update, until next time. Good-bye for now.
You should have a journal
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

JaydenScheepers

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:32 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:53 pm
JaydenScheepers wrote:

You should have a journal
I know, but I refuse to post the links of photos in an actual journal, when I find out how to directly post pictures on posts not only will I be more active. But I'll also have a journal open, until then though, I refuse to open a journal.
Keeping:

• Cataulacus granulatus x2
• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1