My ants want to move to the wrong place!

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

JustSebas17

My ants want to move to the wrong place!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:17 pm

Yesterday I finally move my ants to their new ant nest, but, there were some major porblems after moving them; 1.-Some ants were dying very fast (But I think I solve it) 2.- Now, they're moving to the wrong side of the nest :/ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UyufscC_qbh8sYbpiSJ1T4xrb-7nyos2/view?usp=sharing
Dunno why, but its concerning me a lot, and I dont have any idea of why they are doing that
Do someone has a solution to this :?:

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: My ants want to move to the wrong place!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:45 pm

JustSebas17 wrote:
Yesterday I finally move my ants to their new ant nest, but, there were some major porblems after moving them; 1.-Some ants were dying very fast (But I think I solve it) 2.- Now, they're moving to the wrong side of the nest :/ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UyufscC_qbh8sYbpiSJ1T4xrb-7nyos2/view?usp=sharing
Dunno why, but its concerning me a lot, and I dont have any idea of why they are doing that
What species? Some will do this because they are ok with light, or the humidity is too high/low, temperature too high etc
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

JustSebas17

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:55 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
JustSebas17 wrote:
What species? Some will do this because they are ok with light, or the humidity is too high/low, temperature too high etc
They are Solenopsis Invicta, and I think the humidity is ok, I mean, yesterday they were in the queen chamber and I don't think it could dry so fast, the temperature is average with a 28- 30°C, and about the light, I'm not sure if they are ok

SolenopsisKeeper

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:51 am

JustSebas17 wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
JustSebas17 wrote:
They are Solenopsis Invicta, and I think the humidity is ok, I mean, yesterday they were in the queen chamber and I don't think it could dry so fast, the temperature is average with a 28- 30°C, and about the light, I'm not sure if they are ok
Ahh, a feisty little species. I have had problems with them moving into test tubes exposed to insanely bright light, and I usually can’t do to much about it. You can try heating the place you want them to move to
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

JustSebas17

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:13 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:51 am
JustSebas17 wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

Ahh, a feisty little species. I have had problems with them moving into test tubes exposed to insanely bright light, and I usually can’t do to much about it. You can try heating the place you want them to move to
Ok, but there's another problem , they are dying very fast, I thought I solve it but no
I'm getting very worried about it so I'm going to change them back to the test tube, just in case

Antloverhuman

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:14 pm

It could be that the older generation of workers are dying
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony