Black Termites King and Queen Care

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Mohammadmacapundag

Black Termites King and Queen Care

Sat May 07, 2022 10:36 pm

I need help on taking care of these termite pair I have them in a normal test tube ant setup iand left them between some towels is that ok
Currently Founding...
Carpenter Ant Queen (Camponotus Pennsylvanicus)6-9 Eggs, 2-3 larva, and 6-10 Workers

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Black Termites King and Queen Care

Sat May 07, 2022 10:55 pm

Mohammadmacapundag wrote:
I need help on taking care of these termite pair I have them in a normal test tube ant setup iand left them between some towels is that ok
I am not expert, but here is where to learn how-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUYJhZRHpyM
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

SavANT

Sun May 08, 2022 12:07 pm

I don't think the normal ant test tube setup works as the termites will eventually dig through the cotton, get flooded and die. I would say using a termite test tube setup (i.e fill the test tube with half water, insert the cotton until the cotton fills up to half the tube) and add the termites. They will dig through the cotton and grow a colony
Keeper of;
Camponotus pennsylvanicus (4)
Camponotus consobrinus(1)

Mohammadmacapundag

Sun May 08, 2022 4:30 pm

U just said the same thing also how do I tell if they are paird cuz 2 of them keep following each other and the others are just chillin in random places I place them in a test tube setup with a big red wet wood chip in the the test tube is that good enough? PS they take there wings off pretty fast after being captured. I also need to know the exact species they are pure black.
Currently Founding...
Carpenter Ant Queen (Camponotus Pennsylvanicus)6-9 Eggs, 2-3 larva, and 6-10 Workers

SolenopsisKeeper

Sun May 08, 2022 6:09 pm

Sun May 08, 2022 4:30 pm
U just said the same thing also how do I tell if they are paird cuz 2 of them keep following each other and the others are just chillin in random places I place them in a test tube setup with a big red wet wood chip in the the test tube is that good enough? PS they take there wings off pretty fast after being captured. I also need to know the exact species they are pure black.
This is not where people can ID termites, unfortunately. You need to post pictures in formiculture’s termite ID section, they have experts who have kept termites for years. I hope the forum will get more termite keepers at some point… if they follow each other, it is male and female
When you accidentally reply to yourself…